Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Does Videoscribe work with the Apple Macbooks with M1 Chip?

Hi guys!

I'm going to purchase a new Mac and I am thinking to chose between a Macbook Air M1 and a Macbook Pro M1

I have two questions:

1) Does Videoscribe work with the Macs equipped with the new M1 chip?

2) If so, would you recommend Macbook M1 Air or Pro? (I mainly use the Mac to work with Videoscribe)

Thanks

Ciao

Daniele

I don't know if the M1 chip would prevent videoscribe, or any program from working.  However, I have read that Sparkol does not recommend using videoscribe with the new Mac OS11 Big Sur, due to the need for additional changes to videoscribe for better compatibility.

As this is primarily a users forum, you may get a faster reply from support if you open a support ticket.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Big Sur is not yet supported and if you're buying a new M1 computer, it is most likely Big Sur will come installed.

The development team is working to support Big Sur- see this forum https://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/11000033591

Any ETA regarding when videoscribe will be supported on Big Sur?

The download page just says that the videoscribe is not yet supported on Big Sur.

Updates on progress with Big Sur are being posted in the forum Hayley linked above

I have purchased a new Macbook pro M1 Pro which has MacOS Monterey v12.1 installed and Videscribe is unusable as it is so slow and stutters continuously.

Will there be a fix soon?

Thanks,

Andrew

Please make sure you are running the latest version of VideoScribe if you are experiencing any performance issues. If you are still having problems after that please raise a ticket so we can look into the details of your issues and get them resolved.

Login to post a comment