Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Can't Change File Name Without Losing the Original File?

Can someone please explain to me how I can open an existing video and save it as a template for another video?

I have created about 10 videos so far, yet I only have three remaining. 

When I open a video and save it as a new file name it deletes the original and the creation date changes to the current date. 

It seems logical to me that portions of videos can be used as templates, such as an intro and outro. But after months of trying, quitting, tying, quitting, I thought I would ask here.

Thank you for your time.

Scott

This is a public forum. To get a faster reply, you should probably raise a support ticket to ask customer support this question before the weekend.

Please be aware that saving VIDEOS is not the same as saving your PROJECT (which is an editable file that con only be opened in videoscribe) or a TEMPLATE (also a project file), so you may want to explain what you are doing in more detail when you contact customer support.

Each time I save a PROJECT with a new file name, it creates a new PROJECT file in the main directory, so I'm not sure what might be working differently for you.

If you are just publishing VIDEOS, that does not create a new project file. it only creates aVIDEO files (AVI, WMV, or MOV files)

If you are exporting a .SCRIBE file , you MUST first save your project locally, or the .SCRIBE file will not contain your most recent changes.

I placed some words in all caps because I'm not sure if you are using the wrong terms or if you are choosing options that will not accomplish what you want.

I hope I provided some useful information,

Mike (videoscribe user)

It might be worth noting that I am using an older version of videoscribe. The saving process may work differently in newer versions. Perhaps a customer support member or other users will add their comments in this thread.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi, I realised I had the same issue. What I found works is that you need to modify something in "video1" to do a Save As and then keep "video1" and also create"video2".

So, you can set up your Intro slides, then have a 'dummy' text slide, then set up your Outro slides. Save as, video1. Then, if you go and modify the text in the 'dummy' text slide, this should enable you to create a second file whilst keeping your original 'template' file. Hope this makes sense?

Cheers, Scott.

Login to post a comment