I agree that sometimes changes can be disruptive to an established workflow. Possibly search results changed in version 3.0.4, 3.0.5, or 3.0.6 when the search terms were modified:
I haven't tried 3.1.0 yet, but I can confirm that in 3.0.9 the search term "crowd" brings up 2 pages of premium images and nothing else. I do not currently have older versions of videoscribe installed to compare the older search results.
On the bright side, the term "group" brings up a variety of library images. The term "people" returns a variety of group scenes from the free videoscribe library within the search results. You will also see options to refine your search with options for "group","one","two", and "three".
Hope that helps,
Mike (videoscribe user)
Thanks for your feedback Yusuf. I have passed it onto our design and development teams.
All the same images are there, but some of the tags have changed. For example, you can search for 'groups' to find all the 'crowd' images.
We also discovered an issue with the recent 3.1.0-4 release version on Windows (Mac users are unaffected) and we have replaced it with a fixed update.
The fixed version (3.1.0-5) can be downloaded from here: https://my.sparkol.com/versions/download/310005/Windows
See this blog post for more information about the 3.1.0 issue.
Usually I only make these posts when something is wrong, so let me start off by saying that I owe a lot to this software. I over over 600,000 youtube subscribers, and a very decent client income, and it's only been possible because of videoscribe.
With that being said, I wish this company would stop changing things around so drastically. Imagine if you open photoshop one day and the entire layout of the buttons, the menus, everything in it was changed. It would cause a massive loss of productivity.
I guess casual users of the program won't be bothered much, but as someone who literally makes a living using this software, the 3.1.0 version has made my life hell.
I made a post about sticking to v2.7 until the issues were fixed with 3.0.7, so I was excited when the update to 3.1 came.
But this is devastating. I upgraded from v2.7 because a lot of the images just stopped loading. I'm extremely disappointed with this, because now reverting back to 2.7 still means that I won't get those images that I use everyday, and v3.1 is basically unusable for me.
For example, the word "crowd" would conjure up very relevant pictures in the previous versions, but now in 3.1 all it shows are premium images.
I don't know if there's a new business model to push more premium images, but please let me know how I can make this new version more usable. My productivity has literally been cut in half, and for some reason this new version is extremely slow to load pictures too. I've never had problems loading images, it was almost instantaneous before. But now it takes a good 4-5 seconds before loading images.
Please fix these issues as soon as possible. If they are not to be fixed and this is just how the software is going to function from now on, please let me know that too so I can look for other options.