Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Answered

Why do elements NOT maintain their relative size when imported?

I have two elements I've exported as SVGs. Both contain an identical element. One contains an additional element (I'm trying a workaround for the "Drawing Order" limitations within VS). But when I import the two elements they are each at an entirely different scale. In fact, the second element fits into the bounding box of the first. Why? I want them to maintain their scale so they will line up with one another. Scaling something accurately in VS is impossible.

Best Answer
Answer 1)
If you just want the front cog to draw first, followed by the back cog, then you don't have to use multiple elements. Explain what you want and attach your SVG

Answer 2)
How to create multiple SVG elements that will import in the same relative scale and alignment that they shared in illustrator:

For example if you have 3 images that need to align perfectly:
1) draw them, scale them and align them in AI
2) use the ellipse tool to make an ellipse that just barely encloses all of the strokes and fills. put it on the bottom layer, make it a white fill with no stroke. change its opacity to 0%
3) when you export the separate SVGs, export the ellipse with each one.
4) when you import them into videoscribe, import them immediately one after the other without changing the camera position. Click "set camera" after importing each one, if you want them all to share the same camera position.

If you did it correctly, the elements should be sized and aligned perfectly and they should share the same center point so they should scale well if you select them all and scale them together.

Adding the large ellipse will make the elements import at smaller sizes with identical overlapping bounding boxes. You may have to use a higher import quality setting to keep elements sharp.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I  raised a ticket for the same in year 2020, sparkol team took a month to understand the concern, but no resolution, but they took for the further addition in feature via request no SUP-217, I don't know when they'll resolve, but I started using older version ie video scribe 2.7 and its working fine with it. Even I a paying every year their fee, but still due to that functionality I am using 2.7

1.jpg 1.jpg
92 KB

Login to post a comment