Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Gif quality downgraded

Hello,

I have been testing many different exports out of photoshop for .gif files to import in videoscribe and haven't found any solutions for crisp gifs. I am saving for web out of photoshop and have tried 400 kb size files that look perfect on a browser but once i drop them into videoscribe, they are pixelated and a bit blurry. (screenshot attached- browser on right, video on left)

Does anyone have any recommendations on achieving crisp gifs? Doesn't have to be from photoshop either.

Thank you!

There isn't any way to make the GIF sharper when you import it into VideoScribe. The resolution is degraded to avoid the GIF using too much memory and potentially causing crashing issues. We are currently investigating ways of optimising GIFs without losing as much quality.

Have there been any updates regarding this issue? I really want the gifs to be at their best.

Thanks

HI Subhadeep,

The quality will change dependent on your zoom level and to ensure that you're using a high quality GIF.

There is no way to edit the quality of the GIF once this has been imported, so I would suggest you make use of our feature request form as there has not been much demand for this particular feature to be a priority.

This can be viewed and approved by other users in the Videoscribe community, and features with a high interest are taken further to consideration for future releases.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Jonathan.

Though I'm using a high-quality GIF, it loses its resolution once imported into VideoScribe. 

I often include motion graphics videos from outside into my whiteboards. And as VideoScribe has no other way than to have them as GIFs - the quality falls drastically.

I would appreciate it if there is some workaround.

Thanks

Subhadeep

Login to post a comment