QUESTION: What is the best way to make SVG images that draw properly in VideoScribe?
ANSWER: I believe the tips below will help you get the best results with the fewest problems (such as improperly drawn images, visual glitches, interface and timeline problems, slow downs, freezing, crashing or failure to save, load, or render). Some terms or phrasing used in this thread may be slightly different among various versions of inkscape or illustrator.
TIP 0) If you want the simplest method for making SVG images for VideoScribe, here it is:
- Use inkscape or Illustrator. If you use other programs you will probably have unexpected results.
- Use the pen tool or the pencil tool to create BASIC stroked paths with no styles, no masks, no paintbrush tool, no calligraphy pen, no effects of any kind.
- If you use the pen tool, please click&drag when you create each point (instead of just clicking) so that the control handles for each point will be extended and the paths will draw more smoothly.
- Delete any extra layers or other parts that will not be drawn (instead of just hiding them) before you save your SVG for videoscribe.
- If you use a version of inkscape or Illustrator created after 2012, see TIP 7 later in this thread for information about the best save settings to prevent glitches.
- Use "SAVE AS... SVG". Don't "Export for web".
That's all you really need to know if you want to keep it simple!
(Continue reading for more complex techniques)
Or use a shape from the shapes Library, set it to silhouette, pick a colour and change the opacity to a level your happy with so you can still see the image underneath...
We even have highlighter pens in the hands library you can use and match the colour of
i having trouble with my custom image, my friend send me some black and white images drawing using inkscpe, as is, the images works fine in Videoscribe, whenever i apply the colour layer, the outer line and the colour appear simultaneously at the same time. while playing with the layers order sometimes it show the outer line with boundary colour, then the colour pop up at once. i just got tired and tried a-lot of combinations. taking into account that if i draw the image by my self from scratch using illustrator all is working fine. just with that images got from my friend to edit for him. look the attached files
The issue is the original image has no stokes in it. The black lines are fills and there are a couple of other layers in there as well which are not strokes but are clearly doing something to help VideoScribe draw the image.
Without any stroke VideoScribe does it's best to follow the little it does have to draw the image.
In the colour image you have added a stroke for the reveal layer. Where there is a stroke present VideoScribe will draw that and nothing else as that's what should be there.
So the answer to this is to make sure the original images from your friend are drawn with strokes and not fills
ok look at this file, i just used the trick of adding two layers of strokes above the fill layers still getting the same issue even worse, look at the file below,
the images already drawn, is there anyway to fix that images ? i don't want to draw 100 image again.