Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Answered

Copy and Paste

I know you can copy and paste text or image in the same place, but can you copy text or image and paste it some place different on the canvas?

How I do it now is copy and paste the element and then move/drag the copy to where I want to place it on the canvas but that can be difficult if you are working on a detailed scribe that is quite long. Instead I would like to copy it and go to where I want on the canvas and paste it. Iif it can be done, I can't find the instructions on the forum on how.

Anyone?

Thanks

Best Answer

It can't be done unfortunately, but you could just add the image in again as standard as the image you want is likely to be on one of the 5 pages of your recent images.

Answer

It can't be done unfortunately, but you could just add the image in again as standard as the image you want is likely to be on one of the 5 pages of your recent images.

Thank Mike...I didn't think it could be done. The problem is when I finally get the image the size i want on screen, I like to be consistent and keep it the same size throughout the video. Oh well....maybe someday.

Thanks

You can still do that, it just isn't a conventional method. Copy and Paste your image (or better yet, copy, paste, cut, then paste again, putting the image at the end of the sequence). This will retain the image size you want. You can then move this around using arrow keys (+ shift for extra distance per press) or click and drag it around as usual.

When I Copy and Paste nothing happens. Is this a memory issue or just a bug?

Copy and paste should work. Its Ctrl+C on Windows to copy and CMD+C to copy on Mac. It's Ctrl+V to paste in Windows and CMD+V to paste on Mac.

Does copy and paste work after restarting VideoScribe?

Not for me. Used to work.
Is it a system bug, maybe?

Using a Mac Book Pro 10.15.6

Thanks in advance!

(try making a new empty project with 2 or 3 images and see if copy paste works. If it works in the new project but not in your bigger project, then your bigger project probably needs to fixin.)

Raise a ticket or post your results here to proceed with trouble shooting.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I just tried it again, day after. Works...

Sorry and thank you for the answer!

Login to post a comment