Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

How to convert scribe file to mp4?

Hi Scribe Team, 

I'm a new user (was previously using the trial version) and I can't seem to be able to load my projects as an mp4 file. There's only an option to save it online and to save it as a .scribe file. 

15 people have this question
You must have a PRO account and render/publish your video using sho.co in order to download it from sho.co as an mp4

-Mike (videoscribe user)

If you're using the trial version, you can only post online to YouTube or Facebook with the watermark.

If you purchased the Pro version, you can export to MOV, FLV or WMV formats.

It's too bad though that converting to MP4 wasn't introduced as a preinstalled feature as well... I wish it will be added soon.

I got the file converted to MP4 by using this tutorial - http://www.vip-video-converter.com/articles/how-to-convert-videoscribe-video-to-mp4-flv-youtube-mkv-avi/

You can obtain an HD MP4 version of your scribe (as a Pro subscriber) by sending it to our remote video rendering and hosting service that's called SHO.CO.

When you send your scribe to sho.co, you'll get an email when the video render is complete. sho.co will let you play the video in the browser and you'll also have the option yo to download the video as an MP4 file (once you've logged into sho.co).

When you render, if you select the SHARE VIDEO ONLINE option, you'll be able to send your video to sho.co. You can mark the video as private if you choose to which will mean only you will be able to see it.

How can I do to export my file into PPT or Youtube?? Every time I try to do it, after renderizing, it doesn't do nothing!!

If there is a problem with your project , save it to the cloud folder and raise a ticket to ask customer support for help during business hours.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I am new user of Videoscribe. I raised ticket about problem in Add New Image on Feb 3, 2018. I have not received any response till Feb 5, 2018. To avoid this problem I have installed 2.3.7 Version. Now, I am unable to use this version to save video in any format other than .scribe. Highly disappointing!

In version 2.3.7, with a pro membership,  you can save MOV, AVI, and WMV video files to your computer, or you can publish to youtube, facebook, or a powerpoint file. The icon to render video or publish video is in the upper RIGHT corner of the screen, (whereas the icon to save you project as a .scribe file is on the left side):

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Abu,

Sorry for the delay.

We have still not found out the cause of the add image button not working in version 3.0 of VideoScribe. We have had a few reports and all we can see at the moment is that it seems to only affect some Windows users. We are still gathering information for investigation and hopefully we will have what we need to fix the issue very soon. Until then I would recommend keeping the working version.

i am not getting any options to save in my computers. I want to save in my computer how can i ?

You must have a paid membership to save videos to your computer.

Here is a link to the current tutorial:

http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000033739-render-and-share-scribes

Click on the 'share' icon in your scribe, there you can see download video icon. You can save your scribe in .avi format. 

IMO, for a video creation platform to not have .MP4 as an output option is not acceptable.  I use a Windows machine and like to export to MP4 in 30fps.  Your exported AVI/MOV crash Camtasia studio.  The only thing that works for me is wmv.  (AVI, WMV, really?).  I'd rather not extend my workflow by uploaded to .sho only to download an mp4 version, and then deleting it from .sho.

Please make mp4 available as an export directly from VS.

Hi to everyone, I agree with Joe Lodato that you should have .mp4 as an output option. Are there any technical difficulties that we are not aware of?

copied and pasted from another thread:
"I'm not sure of the full details but my understanding is that the reason that MP4 rendering is not available as a local rendering option is because of the licensing costs surrounding the format. If MP4 rendering were built into the software we would have to pay royalties to the MPEG Licensing Authority which would mean higher prices for users. As the rendering is done remotely on our sho.co servers, we are not distributing software containing MP4 encoding and therefore avoid the fees (or some of them)."

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment