Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

System Requirements

Hi everyone :)

I use VideoScribe a lot, in fact it is one the most important pieces of software on my computer. I was thinking of upgrading my laptop so that the rendering process and working with longer scribes run faster. However, the only thing I can upgrade is my RAM memory, since upgrading the processor would be too expensive (I would rather buy a new laptop than upgrading a processor). These are my specs:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 2301 MHz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

RAM: 8GB

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400 (although I assume the graphic card isn't too important)

What I was thinking is adding 8GB to my RAM, making it 16GB. Does anyone have experience with these things, would this make the VideoScribe run faster for me? Or is the processor the bottleneck? 

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I do not think that more RAM will help. I believe that Videoscribe contains an important component (probably purchased or leased from another company) which has a maximum memory usage of 1.7GB and that is how much of your RAM vidoecribe will use.

Currently your best options may be to:
1)  publish your videos to sho.co (which renders your work on videoscribe's servers and you can download the video in mp4 format) and perhaps more importantly
2) make sure your image file sizes are nice and low, prepare your SVGs appropriately, keep your zoom level reasonable, and avoid spreading your elements out in a long line.

related thread: TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I'm facing similar problem with rendering speed. Uploaded to sho.co and it is still in progress fromlast night. Will it help if I upgrade the processor?

Although the memory limit for videoscribe has been increased since the previous posts were written, the recommended solution is still:

"optimize your images properly"

"use moderate camera movements and zoom levels"

...and the other tips discussed in the above linked thread.

additional link:

https://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000033705-crashing-and-freezing-videoscribe-desktop

if you want specific help, attach a .scribe file or upload it to the cloud folder and raise a ticket.

(in general, upgrading the processor is not likely to help.)

Thank you Mike you're answer is helpful to clarify my questions.

I'm following all the tips given in the link provided by you.

However, the scribe itself is large (switching from one element to the other itself is starting to take time).

I didn't use any custom images. All the images are provided by videoscribe only. There is lot of texts, however.

Somehow I managed to create a 1 hour long scribe (a couple of minute more than 1 hour).

In my first attempt to generate a video (mov format) it crashed after around 18 hours of rendering.

In the second attempt, I restarted videoscribe and started to generate the video. It worked and got a mov file. But the players didn't recognize and gave an alert that it is not a recognizable format. Uploaded to youtube and tried. Same issue there also.

My third attemt failed miserably when I tried to let the process run overnight.

Trying it for the fourth time. Should have an update in a couple of hours or so.

Anything else that could be of help for me?

I would recommend that you save the current version of the project locally, and online, and as a .scribe file. Then break it down into 2 or more shorter projects and save them separately. Be sure not to overwrite the original version(s) when you save the shorter versions. After that, render the shorter projects separately and then edit the videos together using a video editing program.

In general, consider keeping your videos shorter than 15 minutes.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment