Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Move and object without having color disappear

Hi guys! Im trying to move an object like a soccer ball. The movement works fine with the morph option. But in every singe step the color of the ball disappears. What can I do so that the colored object moves without having the color disappear? 

1 person has this question

1) if you only use black basic stroked paths and no fills in your SVG, then nothing will disappear when morphing. (you can use black stroked paths to make the black areas of the ball)

2) you could make an animated gif (but that would require you to learn how to make an animated gif) of a ball rolling. Keep in mind GIFs use up more memory than other images and may not look as smooth as SVGs

3)  you can use move-in (instead of morph or draw) to move a ball (svg, png or jpg) across the screen,  but it will start off-screen and move  to a location of your choice. you cannot move an image that is already on the screen using this method.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

(note: I think only option 2 can be used to "roll" the ball instead of simply moving it, but as I mentioned, animated gifs have some drawbacks.)

It may be more visually pleasing to emphasize videoscribes main ability which is to show things being drawn on a whiteboard.

The morph function will only work on the lines of an image and not the fill. Jonny explains this well when moving the mug in VideoScribe tutorial 4 – Bringing your scribe to life.

So if you change the image you are morphing to Outline it will look much better.

Thank you very much for your help! I think it would be an essential option for the next update, to be able to move colored objects. I'm sure users will be pleased.

Thank's again...

Well that's nice. When a videocribe asks for 35.- Eur every month, I would expect them to continue developing the program. For example, I lack the ability to cut a voiceover and move it along the timeline. And the explanation that color images can't be shifted - only outlines - is also embarrassing. And with each new negative experience, it weakens my will to buy the program after the end of the trial version. Next thing: How can I turn up the volume of the music and lower it when I hear a comment? I don't think it's possible ... The absence of a timeline for music and voiceover really bothers me.

And unlike in the older tutorial, the outlined drawing disintegrates during the movement. So this feature is completely unusable. I hope you will post my complaints, because I see that you are moderating the discussion. If not, I will publish them elsewhere with the remark that you only publish what suits you and you delete the criticism.

At 55 seconds, playback of the animation begins to lag terribly. I do not know why. Is it a standalone program or is it still pulling something from the net? Another problem - if I don't turn off playback in time in the playback window, music and commentary play and play and play .... I have to start playing again and stop it right away. I don't know what it will do to me after tens of hours of work ...

In order not to criticize all the time, I must praise the possibility of using my own vector graphics - with infinite resolution. That's a great feature.

Hey Radovan, 

Thanks for the feedback! We keep these ideas forum to one topic per thread for clarity so I'll answer your questions on Morph here and then if you need anything else you can either raise a ticket or find and post on that feature request request specifically. 

I've just run the Ninja scribe I created 6 years ago thorugh VideoScribe v3.9.1 and it's still working as it always has. I am not sure what you mean by 'the outlined drawing disintegrates during the movement', can you elaborate?

With regard this request, it's only had one vote in 6 years (to vote, like the original post) and not many comments so it's not been high on the priority list. We always working on new things and you can see what has changed recently by reading the release notes for each update.

Login to post a comment