Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Answered

Writes an error: To use offline mode you must first log in online on this device.

Downloaded trial version. The program VideoScribe does not start. Writes an error: To use offline mode you must first log in online on this device.I online. 100 times checked. All the same writes this error.

Best Answer

If you're ever having technical issues, we have an entire searchable help site with support articles for common errors and solutions. 

See the support article "Offline Error Message When Logging into VideoScribe" for steps on how to resolve.

2 people have this question

That's no problem, that error is caused by either a bad internet connection or a setting on your PC not allowing VideoScribe to connect and check your account. How to fix this is covered in our help pages are and here's a link to that article - VideoScribe won't open – error message 'Without an internet connection you can only log in with your last used details' appears. If you follow the steps there that should sort things out.

Also try ticking the 'Remember Me' box as this will allow you to log-in offline once you have made a connection while online once.

the same stuff happens to me. i checked my antivirus firewall, and videoscribe is accessing internet just fine. i can see it sending and receiving data. i just can't access the software, and that's it.

so of course, that's not a problem, right? 

It's not a problem in a lot of cases as the settings in that help page sort it out but if you have matched those settings we will need to take a closer look at the issue in your case. I've logged a support ticket for you so we can do that.

I have the same problem!

If you have matched the settings in the linked article (linked again below) then we would need to take a closer look at your specific set-up. In which case could you please log a ticket with support and detail your settings and what off this article you have tried so far. 

VideoScribe won't open – error message 'Without an internet connection you can only log in with your last used details' appears.

I have same problem

Hi Kufa,

See Barry Radford's reply directly above yours and follow his advice.

Same here but by following Barry Radford's link article, I was able to login. Thanks for the simple and helpful solution!

I also have the same problem again and again..

After trying many times cant login to videoscribe even if my internet connection is there....please help me....

Hi Pooja- please raise a support ticket 

same problm..
any one to help me ? i can't login .

To use offline mode, you must first log in online with 'Remember Me' selected.

Answer

If you're ever having technical issues, we have an entire searchable help site with support articles for common errors and solutions. 

See the support article "Offline Error Message When Logging into VideoScribe" for steps on how to resolve.

Comments to this discussion are now closed!