Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Can't Move Elements

Hi, I'm currently using the trackpad on my Macbook Pro laptop. Whenever I try to move elements, only the canvas moves. I can't move the elements at all. I have a deadline so please help!!

1 person has this question
Dont click on the element in the workplace, instead click on the small image on the bottom timeline and then use the right or left buttons to move the element.
I you happen to  accidentally move the canvas just click twice on the small image on the timeline, this  will reset the position of the element

This is not working for me. 

I was trying to move from my original screen- worked fab- and now trying to create new "scene"

Firstly, tried all the move canvas tips but could;t place elements where I wanted to. So I have now created a new scribe..... now I can't position elements at all. 

Is this a Mac bug. 

Love this product but beginning to wish I had;t bothered. There must be simpler ways of dealing with this. 

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks 

Graham 

Difficulties after using Ctrl+click on a Mac

Some Mac users have reported a loss of functionality after using the Ctrl+click command in VideoScribe, please avoid using this command or alternatively enable the right click function your mouse/trackpad.

You can set your Apple mouse or trackpad up so that it right clicks thus avoiding issues related to using the Ctrl key.

To set up your mouse:

1. Go to 'System Preferences'

2. Click 'Mouse' or 'Track-pad'

3. Click 'Secondary click' so the check-box has a tick in it

Your mouse or trackpad is now set up to right click.

Wonderful. Thank you for such a speedy response. 

Now back in love with it again. 

Graham 

I'm having this issue (using a Mac) and it seems after I use control click I am unable to move the individual images. I have my mouse set to right click.
Now what?

based on the previous posts,  dont use ctrl+click.

So how do I select multiple elements?

Use CMD+click on a Mac.

This is not working for me. I set my right click but I still cannot move elements on the canvas.

I think you have to save your work, close and restart videoscribe, and don't touch the ctrl key any more.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

thank you for this tip. it took 2 tries, but worked!

Shift+cmd on a mac to select multiple elements.

Let me Clearly explain what my problem is.

ill tell you exactly what i do

First i open videoscribe

1. Then i press the icon that says "Add new image".
  2. Then i add an image after i search for what image i want.(assume it is a Stick figure of a man)
  3. Then i move it and place it where i want it, i resize the image.
  4. then again i press the icon that says "Add new image".
  5. Now i have 2 images on my screen.(assume the second image is the imagining cloud like thing)

here is where the problem begins

Now when i want to bring the imagining cloud on top the stick figures head to show that he is thinking something 

when i select the imagining cloud and try to move it towards the stick figure the whole image moves(that is the stick figure and the cloud moves,where as i just the cloud to move on top of the stick figure).

It gets too stressful to use it this way,if i don't find a solution to this, ill have to discontinue using it.

Thank you for you time.

Rajath Pai, are you using a Mac?

Login to post a comment