Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Render to PowerPoint results in no file produced

Has anyone had this problem? I render three times to PowerPoint, and the process finishes. I'm prompted to save the file so I do and then when I go to look for the file it is not there. I tried three times twice to save in my documents folder, once directly to the desktop. But when I go to find the file, it's not there.

rendering and saving problems can be the result of a variety of issues.

the easiest thing to try is to save the scribe with a new name and restart videoscribe and try to render the new version.

TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

-Mike (videoscribe user)


Im having this problem and a related one too. I can render to a powerpoint if the scribe has just one image, say, so the functionality is there. But some even moderately simple scribes fall over in rendering, either in not saving as per Leslie's scenario, or rendering but not being playable in ppt ('cannot play media' error message"). These are scribes that render to a movie format just fine.

Ive tried the suggestion about renaming and rebooting, that didn't help.

So it seems like the render to ppt is much more sensitive to the nature/number of the elements of a scribe than regular rendering. Can anyone elaborate on this issue?

I have a similar issue. I cannot play the video in Powerpoint on my laptop and gets as far as the first 0.5 seconds of the scene. Strangely, the ppt works on the desktop in which it was produced and plays without any errors. I've made previous movies a few weeks back and played them without any issues on different devices and the laptop. This issue only occurred since signing up to the full version of Videoscribe and upgrading to v2.3. I'm not sure the issue is a result of the number of elements VideoScribe is rendering since previously larger productions worked no problem in Powerpoint.

Just tested my issue again using both versions of Powerpoint 2010 and 2013. The file works fine in Powerpoint 2013 (this was the version on my desktop) and it does not work in Powerpoint 2010 (the version on my laptop). Seems the VideoScribe v2.3 has a bug in it in that the upgraded version does not allow for downwards compatibility. This was not an issue in the previous version of the VideoScribe software I believe. 

Morning, We haven't see to many issues with PowerPoint as a whole since the upgrade but if you are having issues we certainly would like to take a look in more detail and see if there is a bug or some common fault. Would you both mind raising a support ticket and attaching your problem scribes along with the detail of issues you are having and we will investigate.

Login to post a comment