Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Can't record voice overs.

Anytime I try to record a voiceover I get to the end and the Record Voiceover window says "Processing.."  And it never completes (and I'm letting it wait for 10+ mins on a 1 min video).  When I finally get it to go away by clicking on something else, then going back to videoscribe there's no audio at all, not even the music tracks.

I've tried with several files (new and old) and trying different lengths of audio.

I've been fighting with this for a while now and really need to get these videos done.

Thanks.

1 person has this question
Are you using version 2.1 beta, or 2.0.3 or something else?

A common cause of videoscribe problems is oversized image files in your scribe contributing to an out-of-memory problem, but there could be other issues contributing to the problem too.

option 1: If you can resolve those issues the audio will be more likely to save properly.
TIPS to Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

option 2: you could record your audio first before you add elements to your scribe.

option 3: If you can record your audio in a separate program like audacity you may be able to work around the problem.

Customer support will be back Monday during UK business hours and they may have suggestions.

((EDIT: as Matthew mentions below, work or school computers may only allow you limited permissions to save files to certain folders and that may interfere with audio recording, video rendering or other processes))

-Mike(videoscribe user)

I am having the same problem: just get a "processing" message that hangs.  I opened a new scribe to test whether it had to do with the elements in my draft scribe, but the new scribe with nothing on it had the same problem.

This is the first time I am using this program.  I watched the tutorial to see how to create a voiceover.  I'm the first person to try this at my law school and would like to be able to tell other profs that it's worth the effort. 

There may be some restrictions on your computer and or network that are affecting the use of VideoScribe within your school environment. Are you using your own computer or is it a university owned computer?

You may wish to present the following information to your network/system administrator to make sure that all necessary permissions and access is available.

Some offices and schools have network, security and permission restrictions that will affect the installation and use of new software. Please speak to your network administrator about the restrictions.

VideoScribe information for network administratorsDomains

To use VideoScribe you will need to be able to connect to the following domains either directly or via a proxy:

Subdomains of sparkol.com (e.g. www.sparkol.com) on port 80. In future we will also use port 443.sparkol-share.s3.amazonaws.com (port 80/443)s3.amazonaws.com (port 80/443)File save location

Users will need to be able to save files in the local AppData folder in: C:\Users\(user name)\AppData\Roaming

You will need to ensure that the users profile is configured to point to this folder location.

Other considerationsIf you are using a proxy, please check if there are any limits on size of uploads as this may affect saving files onlineIn Windows, VideoScribe should use the proxy server settings from Internet ExplorerIf you are able to connect to the relevant domains with Internet Explorer without having to enter credentials, VideoScribe should workYou may need to add the VideoScribe application as an exception on any antivirus or firewall softwareAn administrator may need to install VideoScribeEnsure you’re using service pack 3 at least, if running VideoScribe on Windows XP

Minimum system requirements

Thanks!  I'll check that out.

I am experiencing intermittent problems when my voice over is not processed. This is now causing  me lot of stress as I am under pressure to get things finished and I have  tried several times with one short scribe but it will not process, even if I close a reload the scribe. Help please.. 

Hi,

If the audio works at first and then stops working, please check to see if the volume for the voiceover has unexpectedly changed to zero. That has been a bug I have experienced.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment