Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Implemented

Lock Elements in Place (RR-1314)

It would be helpful to be able to lock elements in place.  Since the idea of a move has two different contexts--the Canvas and the Timeline--you actually need two locks.

This feature is necessary because it is way too easy to accidentally move something from one place to another--especially on the timeline.

4 people like this idea

Hi David,

This particular feature is being considered with the development team.

This post was from 3 years ago.  Is it a feature yet?  

When reviewing the scribe while still in the process of creating it, a little move here or there can screw up everything.  I know how to work the camera settings, so that's not the point.  Even moving the canvas.  If there would be an option to LOCK the scribe until you Unlock it, would simply be like locking a layer in photoshop.  So helpful, and save so much time!

Thanks 

Yes, this great feature to have and what I'm looking for was well.

Thanks.

I absolutely agree with this. Because it is so easy in the middle of editing a small move/resize/etc to grab another object, unintended moves happen, creating lots more work. A lock in would help immensely. Thanks for considering.

Thanks for the suggestion, I have made sure this is on the request backlog (ref RR-1314) for condsideration by the product and development team. As and when there is any decision or update we will let you know.

I agree that this would be really useful. At the moment it's really hard to position objects accurately on the canvas and part of what makes it hard is the inability to lock the canvas and items on the 'timeline'. When can we expect this feature to be introduced please?

Hi Kathryn, 
It is currently in development, but we are hoping to release it in our next version. 

We have just released v3.4.0 of VideoScribe and this introduces the ability to lock an element to the timeline functions. Upgrade to the latest version of VideoScribe to make the most of this new addition.

Interesting. It only took 5 years to implement an obviously desirable--indeed, necessary!--feature. Sadly, this kind of extremely slow responsiveness has led me to move on and look at other options.

Hello David, you still have an active subscription and we've put a lot more than this in during the last 5 years that you can check out at any time. We were on v2.0.2 when you wrote this and there have been 39 versions released since then which is about one every 1.5 months. We're always working on things, this post only had 4 votes in 5 years and while I agree it's a logical addittion it's far from the most popular request.

Thank you for implementing this functionality. This will come in handy for many of us when we place objects relative to a fixed one. Guessing that once people know it exists, more will be using it.

Login to post a comment