Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Importing images

Hello

I trying to import jpeg images of hand drawn cartoons. The images don't seem to scan very well and I don't have the option to tweak the image for import. Do I have to convert all the images to SVG files? Where have the sliders options gone like the ones in the tutorial  VideoScribe v1 tutorial – Scribing multiple for importing your own images? He plays with edge detection sliders to fine tune the import. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards 

Philip  

Hi,

Videoscribe V1 tutorials are for videoscribe version 1

videoscribe v2 tutorials are for videoscribe version 2 http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/folders/1000157449

The current version of videoscribe is version 2.0.2

You can download version 1.3.26 of videoscribe on the following page: https://my.sparkol.com/versions if you want to use that version instead, but you will not be able to open any scribes in version 1 that were saved in version 2

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Philip,

In addition to the above, it's worth saying that you will get the best drawing results with SVG images. You can convert your jpg cartoon into an SVG by opening it up in an SVG editor (such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape) and tracing over the lines with the pencil or pen tool. For tips on creating your own SVG's please see this post from out instant answers. 

Thanks Dan

Id rather keep clear of Illustrator and converting the images to SVGs.

I just installed the version 1.32.6 and I can now play wit the sliders.

Will the next update introduce the sliders again or am i missing something. Are the sliders not very important for installing your own images?

Thanks

Philip

Hi Philip,

In Version 2 we redesigned the way that jpg/png images import into VideoScribe, but we are reviewing the way that this works for later releases. If you would like to see the sliders reinstated you could vote for this post in our community forum. In the meantime, using v1.32.6 will enable you to use this functionality. Please let us know if you encounter any issues with this.

Login to post a comment