I have just started using VideoScribe. I really, badly, miss having proper keyboard shortcuts. I agree that you want make VideoScribe usable to everyone and I don't see keyboard shortcuts being a hindrance to that.
Shortcuts will cut down our development time significantly.
Some suggestions for shortcuts:
(1) Directly switching to text editing (CTRL + T)
(2) Directly switching to animation time (CTRL + n) (?)
(3) Increase/decrease animation time (CTLR + Up/Down Arrow)
(4) Change zoom (CTRL + +/-)
(5) Delete a component directly by pressing DELETE.
(6) Pressing SHIFT to move object faster.
We created a help page which shows the shortcuts that are currently available - some of this list is available.