Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Need the older version of Videoscribe

I cannot use the new version of Videoscribe I need to be able to delete this and download the older version. Can someone help me please.

Ralph D.

1 person has this question
On the download page, scroll down to "Previous versions" and click either the mac or windows link to download version 2.3.7

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hello i have downloaded the latest version of videoscribe which is 3.5 but i have found the oldest version that us 2.1.2 to be more easy to use and has more features can you please guide me to find the old version 2.1.2 

2.1.2 is no longer supported

What features are you looking for? 

Hi Hayley and Mike - there is no longer a download page - only the download link in my account page which  is only for the latest version. I need the previous Mac version before you changed font handling to be able to edit text in an existing scribe for a revision a client has asked for. I'd ask why this is not easily accessible from the website as it just makes more work for you and introduces unnecessary delays for users like me.

Hi,

1) click ACCOUNT to go to the account page>summary tab.

2) click the DOWNLOAD button to go to the download page.

3) near the bottom of the page, under PREVIOUS VERSIONS, click the link that best matches your operation system (Mac OS X) to download version 3.5

(currently available on the date this reply was written)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike

You're a wiz and I only just realised, a user like me. So thanks for your contribution to the community and all the help you give.

To Videoscribe the company - downloads should be accessible via a downloads page from the front page of the website. I would have to be some kind of clairvoyant to know that the downloads section sits under the Summary tab of my account page. It's obtuse.

thanks

John

Thanks John M.  That's a very good suggestion I think. A clear link directly to a downloads page. The link should be available from any page on the site and should provide nothing but clearly labeled links to all versions that are currently supported.

I am a strong supporter of the software, but I agree that both the software and the website could be more user friendly. Improvement of the appearance of the interface sometimes seems to be a  higher priority than making everything easier for the user. The forum has become nicer looking and less functional over the years (we have lost the ability to edit or delete our posts, and can no longer embed videos, and various other features have been eliminated). Also Sparkol employees should be more clearly distinguished from users in the forums. As new features are added to the program, other convenient features are sometimes removed.

Most of the changes don't affect me much but I see other users becoming very irritated and frankly I can understand their frustration sometimes.

Still love Videoscribe though. Also the support staff continue to be exceptionally patient and professional. That's can be challenging, So I really appreciate you folks.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

(let me edit my posts or delete them, please. perhaps with a 1 week time limit or something)

Couldn't agree more Mike - well said. I do like Videoscribe, but being a reasonably proficient user of After Effects I see so many areas they could improve. Especially adding a timeline and keyframes for timing would make things so much quicker and more intuitive. Still - suggested it before and don't think it's ever going to happen.

Login to post a comment