Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

started a video in free trail paid for pro now its gone

please help spent hours making a video in the free trail paid the yearly fee and now its gone and I cant find it anywhere. any suggestions welcome

If you Manually named and saved your project file in videoscribe, then it is most likely still on your computer and can be accessed by logging into videoscribe with any active account. (For example if you made a free trial account and then you created a new account when you paid for your subscription, instead of just upgrading the free account.) You must be using the same computer. and you must be logged into videoscribe to see your projects.

If you saved your project file to the cloud folder (online) then it is still on the cloud folder and can be accessed by logging into videoscribe using the same account that you used to make the project. I'm not sure, but I think if you save a project to the cloud folder, it automatically saves a copy to the default folder as well.

If you exported your project as a .scribe file then it will still be wherever you chose to save it. Exporting a .scribe file only works if you have already saved a project locally on your computer first.

If you made a project, but never saved the project file, then there is no project file anywhere that you can open and edit.

If you made a project,  and you only published a video file, then there is no project file anywhere that you can open and edit. You cannot open a video file in videoscribe.

There is an autosave option but it only creates a temporary file that can be accessed immediately after a program crash. Autosave does not save a file anywhere in a format that you can find or open using regular means.

I guess it all boils down to whether or not you ever saved your project files and where you saved them. I can't determine that based on the information you provided.

You could raise a ticket to contact customer support.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment