Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Updated keyboard shortcuts

It would be great to have common keyboard functions like copy/paste, grouping, use of arrow keys, zoom, etc.

So I've found that Control P on a PC plays from the start of the animation but what about the shortcut for 'play from current element' or 'add new image' etc

1 person likes this idea

Thanks for your suggestions Leigh. I have logged these with our development team and they will be considered for inclusion in a future release.

Her's a list of the current keyboard shortcuts.

For Windows PC:

ctrl+a - select all elements

ctrl+c - copy

ctrl+v - paste

ctrl+d - duplicate

ctrl+p - preview scribe

ctrl+z - undo*

ctrl+y - redo*

ctrl+x - cut

ctrl+s - save

ctrl+left/right arrow key - selected element will move left/right in the timeline.

[shift+]left/right arrow key - selected element will move left/right on the canvas

Home - selected element moves to beginning of timeline

End - selected element moves to end of timeline

For Mac:

cmd+a - select all elements

cmd+c - copy

cmd+v - paste

cmd+d - duplicate

cmd+p - preview scribe

cmd+z - undo*

cmd+y - redo*

cmd+x - cut

cmd+s - save

fn+delete (backspace) - delete selected element(s)

cmd+left/right arrow key - selected element will move left/right in the timeline.

[shift+]left/right/up/down arrow key - selected element will move left/right/up/down on the canvas

Home or fn+left arrow key - selected element moves to beginning of timeline

End or fn+right arrow key - selected element moves to end of timeline

Arrow keys - if an element is selected will move that element if not will move canvas

*Undo and redo only affect rotate and resize.

Hello Matthew,

Please, add this three shortcuts:

. add new text.

. add new image.

. edit text element (It could be: shift + doubleclick)

These three simple shortcuts would improve productivity and the workflow very very very much. Seriously, very much :)

Thanks a lot!

D.

I'll move this forum to the Ideas and Feature Request sections so others can vote for it and make their own suggestions

Please vote for more keyboard shortcuts. We need votes to get this worked on. As a full time user of the adobe suite I am so used to lots of keyboard shortcuts, and you will find pro developers telling you how important they are. 

ALSO, If you preferred the old camera settings where the camera would move as you clicked on each element, then having a keyboard shortcut to view camera would really help to retain some of that functionality, even if we cannot get the previous camera movement put back. 

(Perhaps that could be an advanced settings feature?) 

I agree. The lack of keyboard shortcuts make this very poor (perhaps unacceptably so) for people with a disability.

Login to post a comment