Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Implemented

Latest version 3.0.2-4 - double click to edit

Some slicker UI please.

When I double click a thumbnail in the timeline I would like the properties to open. I have to right click and select from menu. Poor.

1 person likes this idea

With the image/text selected, you can double click it on the canvas to bring up the element properties.

Hello, this one is In Progress and scheduled for v3.1. Plan is to add a camera icon to the thumbnail so you can click that to go to the camera position of element which is the current action for double click and then we can make double click an open properties action.

If the element is layered behind another element it cannot be double clicked to edit.

No, that is true, you would need to hide the element on the canvas (using the eye icon on the timeline thumbnail), then double click on the element beneath. When you click on an element on the canvas, it will automatically be selected and visible on the timeline.

We have released VideoScribe version 3.2.0 where double clicking on the timeline thumbnail opens the element properties.

Download version 3.2.0 from your account page. |  View Release Notes for v3.2.

Yes, but now I loss a quick way to view element's camera position. What is its shortcut now? I have to click to open the quick menu, and find a button for that. Is there other way?

Yes, you can no longer double click on the timeline thumbnail to go to the element's camera position. You need to expand the timeline thumbnail, click on the camera and then click on the camera with the eye in it.

If the Devs think this is better for basic users, then I think a shortcut key for advanced users would be a good idea so we can view current camera position with a key press (intuitively) rather than having to expand this timeline menu if its not open, and then get to the camera settings, and then click on the 3rd icon.  

A shortcut would be great. in fact, more keyboard (or customisable ones) would be even better.

I've send this as a feature request to the VideoScribe project manager (keyboard shortcut to view current camera position for selected element).

Did you know that you can use ctrl+, (comma) and ctrl+. (full stop) to set and remove camera position?

On a Mac it's cmd+, (comma) and cmd+. (full stop).

Thanks for the shortcuts. these are handy.  But surely when they added these they made one for the current camera view too?

Also, where is the URL / page with ALL the keyboard shortcuts available?

The comma and full stop shortcuts have been in the software for a while (before the new behaviour for double clicking was implemented). For some reason, a shortcut for viewing the current camera position was not added when the recent changes were made.

The keyboard shortcuts are as follows:

For Windows PC:

ctrl+a - select all elements

ctrl+c - copy

ctrl+v - paste

ctrl+p - preview scribe

ctrl+z - undo*

ctrl+y - redo*

ctrl+x - cut

ctrl+s - save

ctrl+, (comma) - set current camera position to selected element(s)

ctrl+. (full stop) - remove camera position from selected element(s)

ctrl+left/right arrow key - selected element will move left/right in the timeline

[shift+]left/right arrow key - selected element will move left/right on the canvas (holding shift makes it move more quickly)

Home - selected element moves to beginning of timeline

End - selected element moves to end of timeline

Delete/backspace - delete selected element(s)

Arrow keys - if an element is selected will move that element if not will move canvas

*Undo and redo only affect rotate and resize.

For Mac:

cmd+a - select all elements

cmd+c - copy

cmd+v - paste

cmd+d - duplicate

cmd+p - preview scribe

cmd+z - undo*

cmd+y - redo*

cmd+x - cut

cmd+s - save

cmd+, (comma) - set current camera position to selected element(s)

cmd+. (full stop) - remove camera position from selected element(s)

delete (backspace) - delete selected element(s)

cmd+left/right arrow key - selected element will move left/right in the timeline

[shift+]left/right/up/down arrow key - selected element will move left/right/up/down on the canvas (holding shift makes it move more quickly)

Home or fn+left arrow key - selected element moves to beginning of timeline

End or fn+right arrow key - selected element moves to end of timeline

Arrow keys - if an element is selected will move that element if not will move canvas

*Undo and redo only affect rotate and resize.

Instead of improving, this software is getting worse. The issue with fonts spacing(kerning) is still not solved (and it has been really bad for years). Also, the UX just satisfies a group of users only, but is really bad for the rest of us. I'm starting to think I want a refund...

Login to post a comment