Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Objects disappear or are gray blocks when zoomed out

Finished my video and at the end, the scene zooms out to show everything. When that happens, items I've used along the way either disappear (arrows from the VideoScribe library) or turn into gray blocks (2 particular smaller images I've imported that I created).

Other arrows (same size) still appear, and other images I've imported still appear correctly as well.

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance for help.

In the middle, where there are 3 green arrows, there should be 2 purple ones on the opposite side (they are in the original animation, but only disappear when zoomed out).

On the right, there is a gray box in the caption bubble where an image was, before it zoomed out). Also, the guy character was holding a phone image, which is now just a light blue box.

that symptom is likely to occur if you have increased your default image quality setting and then you import an image and scale it down to a very small size.

solutions:
1) use a lower default quality setting for your project
and/or
2) when making your SVGs, include an ellipse path around your image that is about twice as large as your image, and make the ellipse "filled" with "no stroke" and 0% opacity. That will make your image import into videoscribe at a smaller size requiring less scaling.

Someone from support may have other answers or suggestions.

-Mike(videoscribe user)

Hi Mike, and thank you for the response. I'm not sure what you mean by a lower quality setting. It sounds like something I don't want to do.

The 2 images I've imported are PNG files, sized less than 100KB each.

please attach the PNG images.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike - I fixed the image issue by shrinking the images to a lower resolution (I think that's what you were hinting at initially).

However, the issue with the arrows disappearing is still there. I even swapped all arrows for larger, thicker ones from the VideoScribe library. However, when the image zooms out, all but 1 disappear completely. I'd be fine is they were all gone or all there, but when only some show up, it doesn't look right.

Not sure why this program is so glitchy. :(

Looks like the determining factor whether or not an arrow shows up is based on its size and how close I zoom in. For example, the purple arrows don't show unless I get to 83% zoom. If I make one big enough, it will show when I zoom out more. Otherwise, they don't even render. Big bug in the rendering process, I'd say.

I was referring to the quality setting in videoscribe ,but if you aren't familiar with it then you probably have not changed it:

You can add blank space around an image and then resave it, to make the image import smaller so you don't have to scale it as much and it is less likely to glitch.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment