Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Un-authorized renewal of of my account

I subscript to Sparkol last year for a project, When my account expired this year, my account was renew without my permission! A total of US$144 and US$96 was charged to my credit card without my permission and without any notification! This is really a very unethical business behavior! I hope this is by mistake and you will refund me the amount ASAP!

Hi,
(another subscriber here)

You literally cannot submit your first subscription payment unless you check a box stating that you agree to the automatic recurring payments.

You may want to Raise a Ticket to contact customer support about billing questions. It is probably sufficient to tell them you did not wish to pay for another year and ask if they can issue a refund.

This is exactly what I meant by unethical business model. Putting small little checkbox here and there to trick people to unintentionally "agreeing" to auto-billing ! Proceeding to billing without notifying people just makes it more worst! Replying to my feedback in such manner really just nailed what a poor customer service you have. 

As I mentioned before, I have a subscription to videoscribe. I do not work for Sparkol or videoscribe. I am not a member of customer support.

You posted this thread in a public forum where anyone can see it and reply. I am just pointing out that the terms are written very clearly on the BUY page and the checkout page. There is no trickery or deception. There's no need for you to be so rude.

You can RAISE A TICKET to contact customer support about your billing question.

I raised a ticket and was told they do not support refund! 

I read the community forum and there are many similar cases of such "auto" renewal asking for refund, I am not rude but I am just disgusted at such business practice. I was very impressed with this software and recommend highly to a number a people. Now, I need to warn people before people pay for services they no longer needed "automatically".

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. I will tried to use this as an example to make the refund request. The last reply I got from Mathew was they STILL refused to refund me.

- Francis

Hi Francis.

If you have any further queries regarding your refund request, please put them to us directly in your support ticket. I am sure we will be able to find an amicable solution.

Login to post a comment