Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Video won't upload to youtube - tried all suggestions and free trial is about to end

Hi,

I'm having trouble uploading my video scribe to Youtube. I've tried multiple times and followed the suggestions to make sure my channel is verified, etc. and I keep getting a message saying that it has failed and to check my internet connection.

I have made the video for an assignment and I think my free trial runs out today so I really need this sorted out ASAP. What should I do? 

Thank you! 

1) click the save icon near the top left corner , save your project as a .scribe file and attach it here if you want help from videoscribe users

or
2) save your project to the cloud folder and tell customer support the name of the project if you would like them to look at it.

or
3) you could try rendering it to powerpoint instead of youtube, if that works then at least you would have a video to show.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks Mike for your reply.

I tried saving it to the cloud but got an error message saying it couldn't be saved online and to check my internet connection... However, when I tried again it said that the file already existed online so it may have worked I'm not too sure. How do I contact customer support to tell them the name?

I have also tried rendering to powerpoint but that didn't work either. Can't remember what it said but it didn't work. I'm trying that method again now just in case it works (192 minutes remaining...)

I have uploaded my .scribe file if anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated! 

Hi,
1) MOST IMPORTANT: Some of your zoom percentages are maxed out at 2500% getting those down to about %1500 or %1000 might resolve all of the problems. You don't have to use the default camera position for every element. After selecting any element that has a zoom level too high, zoom out a bit, then click the "set camera" icon while the element is still selected to save the new setting.

2) POSSIBLY LESS IMPORTANT: arranging the entire scribe into more of a rectangular cluster instead of a long vertical strip might also help keep some of your zoom levels in a better range (especially the final zoom out at the end.

3) MAYBE ALSO IMPORTANT: 15 minutes is a long scribe, and long scribe sometimes just freeze up for a variety of reasons. Pretty often though,  it's really more about the number of elements and the file sizes and zoom levels, and I think your number of elements is going to be okay.

I'll try to make some basic adjustments for you, and attach a revised version in case some of that does not make sense.

-Mike (videoscribe user)
Hi,

(you are under no obligation to use the attached file at all.. but it might help)

In order to get this scribe to render and upload successfully, I reset the camera positions for all of the elements that were at maximum zoom 2500%. I brought most of them down under 1500%

I tried to keep it very much like the way you had it, but I had to move a few things and resize a few things to fix the camera settings, so you will see some differences. In some cases I set the same camera zoom and position for multiple elements that were grouped together... so be sure to check everything and you can change anything that doesn't look right.

I'm going to try to render it here to see if it will upload.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Alas!
it rendered and uploaded about 20% and then my internet connection dropped briefly and the upload failed.

I'm going to see if I can render your original unaltered version as an MOV file, though.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

well, my other tips were probably not very useful but I rendered your original scribe and uploaded it to youtube here:
https://youtu.be/vfu3xZHiAmc

Hope that helps,
Mike (videoscribe user)

Thank you so much for all your help so far Mike, it is greatly appreciated!

I tried uploading your altered version (which by the way is great and I'm more than happy to use that) but I still got the same error message telling me to check my internet connection... I will keep trying but my free trial runs out today.

Do you think it would be worth paying for the pro version and trying to render and save the file onto my computer first then upload manually to Youtube? 

Oops just saw your last message after I posted my previous reply, thank you SO SO SO much for uploading that for me and sorry for the late replies (I'm in Australia and was asleep haha)

Sorry to be a complete pain but do you think you could actually render and upload your altered version? I like it better without so much zooming. If it is too much effort or you don't have time that is completely fine, you've already helped me out so much and I really appreciate it! 

Hi Mike, 

I ended up paying for the pro version and splitting the cost with a friend as she was having trouble uploading her file as well. Finally I have managed to successfully upload your adjusted zoom version! Thank you again so so much for all the trouble you went to, you were a great help! 

Oh great! you're welcome. I hope you guys get a lot of good use out of it!

(If you do not want to be rebilled automatically each month for the subscription, you can cancel your subscription at any time and you will still be able to use it for the remaining paid time. The details are probably in the confirmation email you received)

Login to post a comment