Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Recovering Video scribe projects

Hi, My Mac crashed sometime back and I have been trying to recover some of my previous projects done on Video scribe. (I had to format the Mac) None of the projects were save online and I don't have any saved offline. Can I be able to retrieve the videos?

By default, scribes are saved to the folder:
\Macintosh HD\Users\[your username]\Library\Application Support\VideoScribeDesktop\Local Store

You can also manually save them to the cloud (online) or manually save them as .scribe files to a destination of your choice (including external drives or folders that get backed up automatically for example).

If you only saved them to the deafult location, and that folder was erased when you formatted, then they are gone.

If you still have access to the version of that folder (or a backup copy) from before the format, then you may be able to  restore some old scribes. (install videoscribe then replace the new folder with the old one. Be aware that if you made any new scribes since the formatting, this process will wipe them out and replace them with old ones, so you should save any new ones online before restoring the old ones.)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi! 

I have a similar problem. The thing is that it's been almost a year since I last used VS and I just have one project saved online, the other two are missing and I can't find them in my time machine (I'm sure they must be there). I've  just reinstalled the program, so I don't know if there's a problem with that. 

Any advice is welcome!

Hi,
scribes saved in the cloud (online) are not deleted unless you manually delete them.

locally saved scribes are not deleted unless you delete them or you use hard drive cleanup software that tages them as unneeded files and removes them.

Locally saved scribes are only meant to be seen and opened from within the videoscribe program.

1) maybe you had more than one free trial account or pro account and you reactivated an account that only had one scribe saved in the cloud.

2) maybe you are confusing the cloud with locally saved scribes.  scribes are saved locally in videoscribe by default. Saving locally means that if you save a scribe on one computer, you will not be able to find it or open it on another computer. You can only open it from the same computer you used to save it.  (also if the hard drive is erased, the scribe will be erased.)

I hope you find your other scribes

-Mike (videoscribe user)

If the scribes are saved locally and changed my computer but have everything backed up in Time Machine, are they going to be erased anyway? I think that's the problem, maybe they were lost somewhere in between. 

Thank you anyway!

Login to post a comment