Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Answered

Move single image across the screen without moving other elements

Hi,

How do i move an image across the screen without affecting the position of other elements on the screen? I know morphing can accomplish this, but morphing shows the outline of the object when transitioning. I would like to see the full object in color.

Please see 1.10 to 1.13 mark on the video below, that is exactly what i would like to accomplish.  The bus stays in position while the bicycle comes in from the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn0KxFe2QOU#t=1m11s

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
Hi,
1) add your bicycle image then click the image properties icon (which looks like a little sheet of lined paper) beside your image thumbnail in the timeline at the bottom of the videoscribe screen.
2) change the animation type from "draw" to "move-in". The little blue arrow in the screenshot below indicates which side of the screen the image will move-in from.
3) click the hand icon on the image properties menu and select the blank image "no hand" for the hand you wish to use.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Answer
Hi,
1) add your bicycle image then click the image properties icon (which looks like a little sheet of lined paper) beside your image thumbnail in the timeline at the bottom of the videoscribe screen.
2) change the animation type from "draw" to "move-in". The little blue arrow in the screenshot below indicates which side of the screen the image will move-in from.
3) click the hand icon on the image properties menu and select the blank image "no hand" for the hand you wish to use.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thank you very much Mike, that was exactly what i needed. Not sure if you can help with this last piece, before i make this off an answered. 

How can i move both the bus and bike off the screen across the screen simultaneously, is that possible in videoscribe? I can move one at a time, but not sure of both.

Thank you very much once again!

Hi,
After you have moved both the bike and the bus onto the screen, you can move the camera which will give the same appearance as moving them both off at the same time (along with any other objects that are currently on the screen):

1) click somewhere on the canvas that is not within the bounding box of one of the images currently on the canvas. This will deselect all elements.
2) use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the whole videoscribe canvas including the bus and the bike in whatever direction you wish until they are out of site.
3) import the next object in your scribe and immediately click the "set camera" icon in the lower right corner of the screen to save the new camera position/ canvas position.

This is probably the simplest way to move multiple objects off screen at the same time.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

You are the best MIKE!!! Thank you very much!

Thanks!

Hi

In videoscribe i am on free trial. How to create next slide on video scribe. please reply as soon as possible.

Thank You

Hi amaravathi anjali,
here are some other threads answering that question:
Adding slides
How to make a new slide
How do I make a new "transition" or "slide"?
how to create a new (fresh) slide.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

How do you get objects to move both in (already described) and out of a fixed space on the same slide? I have a box and I want different things to move both in and out of it while the ox stays where it is. After something goes in the box I want it to move off the screen. How do I do that?

Hi Barry,
you have a couple of options:
1) if you are using SVG images that are made of simple black stroked paths with no colors, you can use MORPH to move the individual images in straight lines to or from any point on the canvas. If your SVGs have color fills, the colors will become invisible during the move.
2)  You can learn how to make an animated gif which includes the box along with any items that you want to animate moving into or out of the box. There are various tutorials on youtube that explain how to make animated gifs in different programs. Making gifs might be a complicated process is you have not done it before.

3) An alternative suggestion that would be easier: Videoscribe is designed to mimic a person drawing on a whiteboard. Generally the process involves drawing or moving-in one element at a time to gradually reveal a complete picture, as opposed to animating individual elements. For this type of presentation, you might draw a box along with various other objects and draw arrows indicating movement into or out of the box, and possibly a smiling face or a key word or phrase.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Decided to put a screen (not box) on the stage and then color in one picture over another in the same spot. Works like a charm. Thanks for the quick reply.

do you know how to move multiple objects into the frame at the same time? or how to have the objects already appear there when the camera moves to that frame without any animations?

Hi Group eight,

To move multiple object into an existing scene at the same time, you have to combine all of the objects into one image file before you import that image file into videoscribe.

To have objects already on the canvas before you move the camera to them, read this thread which is for an older version of videoscribe but the process still works the same.  Is it possible to have the elements pre-drawn?

If it seems confusing, you may have to experiment with the process in an actual scribe project a few times for it to make sense.

other related threads:
Returning to Previously Drawn Images
Ken Burns Effect

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment