Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

TAWE: Max resolution for imported image?

Hi there,

I love the idea of presenting using TAWE.

I have taken a couple of screenshots on a retina display and put them together to a 16256 x 5140 jpg. That is 4x2 screens that I want to explain to an audience by hovering across.

The Image quality is too poor for that purpose. What is the max resolution TAWE can handle without loosing detail or getting blurrish?

Thanks

Frank

Frank, that's a good question. Not sure of the answer but I will find out and add it to our knowledge base... watch this space!

Thanks Barry.

In the meantime I have just split up my demos in 8 individual TAWES with 4064x2570 px - they look great. I can zoom those anywhere between 40% (full image) and 200% (a section I want to talk about) and that works without losing any detail.

Talk soon

Frank

Awesome glad you got it working. I'm still waiting on the maximum resolution but as soon as I have it I will let you know

What is the max resolution?

There is no max resolution, you can import an image of any size. BUT that does not mean that an image of any size will import without issue. I have found that images up to around 4000x2250 give good results. You don't need to make your image larger if it is smaller than that but you shouldn't need an image of any higher resolution than that. Images with simple, clear graphics work best. 

Multiple screenshots edited together to form one large image do not tend to import very well as small text becomes unreadable. It is best to import single smaller images in this situation and create separate projects rather than one massive image containing lots of information. 

Images in 16:9 aspect ratio will also work better than images at other aspect ratios.

Login to post a comment