Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Answered

Videoscribe not saving

My videoscribe project is not saving.  I have attempted to save it using a new name, but nothing is happening.  When I click the save checkmark nothing happens.  If I add assets and continue to develop the scribe, I have to "close without saving" because I can't save anywhere.  This is crippling my development.  

Some things to note that may be affecting my ability to save:

• The scribe has a voiceover audio that I recorded directly into Videoscribe
  • I am attempting to also include a soundtrack from the videoscribe library of music, and sometimes the music doesn't play, only the voiceover
  • I also tried to publish to see what would happen, and the published movie doesn't have any audio at all- no voiceover or music
  • I included mostly built-in assets from videoscribe, but I did include two external images, one .PNG and one .JPG, and it seemed to be after I included those external images that I started having issues 
Please help!  I would love some insight as to why I might be having this issue and/or suggestions for fixing it.  Thank you!

Best Answer

This issue is normally caused by an issue with the audio attached to a scribe and I thought that from your first paragraph and it was only reinforced by the bullet points underneath. I would remove the audio (soundtrack) and try and save the scribe as a new file after that. It's usually the soundtrack that causes this issue so try that first rather than the voice over. 

If you can save it then you can re-open the new file and add the same soundtrack back in. This should work fine as it's usually just a corrupt link back to the music file which is stored back on our servers.

Answer

This issue is normally caused by an issue with the audio attached to a scribe and I thought that from your first paragraph and it was only reinforced by the bullet points underneath. I would remove the audio (soundtrack) and try and save the scribe as a new file after that. It's usually the soundtrack that causes this issue so try that first rather than the voice over. 

If you can save it then you can re-open the new file and add the same soundtrack back in. This should work fine as it's usually just a corrupt link back to the music file which is stored back on our servers.

Barry - thanks for the quick reply. I tried removing the soundtrack but I was still unable to save. When I click the checkmark, nothing happens.  I then deleted the voiceover, but the same thing is happening.  I am trying to save it to both a base folder and then a separate, pre-existing folder.  Not able to save.  I then tried creating a new folder.  Still not able to save.  

Any more ideas?

Eric, where is the original file saved that you are opening? If it is locally can you attach the scribe to this post? If it's in your cloud folder can you send me the name? I can then download it and have a look.

I'm pretty sure it's saved locally, and this may be a stupid question, but where can I find it in a format that I can attach?

Let's try this.  I exported the file attached.  Let me know if this works.

Eric, 

I imported your scribe and played it. Voiceover plays fine but no soundtrack. At this point I couldn't save it.

Removed the soundtrack (kept the voiceover) and it saved fine.

Closed the scribe.

Reopened from the file saved to the base folder

Added the soundtrack (Tripped Up) back in and played the scribe. Can here voiceover and soundtrack.

Added a few random items to the end including text, library images and a custom SVG. All play fine?

I've exported the new scribe with my added bit and amendments. Can you import it and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Barry

attachment

Barry, you're a miracle worker.  I got it, imported it, and was able to save it.  I added some more assets (I tried to make the bee fit into my theme, but alas, it did not) and was able to save it after that too.  Thanks!

Now, though, since I have you, I do have one more question.  I'm getting that zoom exclamation point warning when I view the whole canvas.  Is that something I need to be concerned about?  What should I do about that, if anything?  Thank you, sir.

What the bee didn't make the cut! If you don't mind I won't let him know the bad news as he can be a bit sensitive. 

Nothing to worry about at all. You only need to worry about "extreme zoom" (it's what we call it to make it sound cool) when focusing on an element/group of elements for a camera position. Will cause rendering issues if your camera position shows that symbol but not for the whole canvas.

I'm sorry to be a buzz-kill and squash the bee's dreams.  :)

Thanks for the explanation and the help.  I really appreciate it.  

I'm sure the disappointment will sting at first but over time he'll find a way to beelieve in himself again!

Oh boy, I could do this all day, and while I love to pollinate a good pun battle, I have to go tend to the "honey-do" list. Bee well.   

I'll Buzz-Off then 

I had the same problem that couldn't save the scribe. this solution is useful, Thanks guys for sharing. 

Login to post a comment