Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Bring to Front. Send to Back.

It would be great if we can have a PowerPoint like "Bring to Front & Send to Back" feature so that an image can be drawn later even if the layer having the image is at the bottom. Currently Videoscribe draws the layer that is at the bottom first.

I have an illustration to explain it better.

7 people like this idea

Agreed! If we can "tell" an image when and where to appear (or disappear) on the canvas, it'd be great. We could pull in a bunch of images (at once! Imagine that?!) and in their individual settings, we could tell it, "Appear right here, at 30 seconds, then disappear", 

+1 for the Bring to Front/Send to Back feature.

I've added this to the feature request backlog. 

It's difficult because I can see how it's useful in Powerpoint; to have the ability to put an image behind another, but Powerpoint elements tend to be static whereas they are drawn onto the canvas in VideoScribe. If you have an image being drawn behind an image that is already on the canvas it would look strange because the hand will be drawing parts of the image that are obscured by the image above it. 

The best thing to do is to edit the image before it is imported into VideoScribe so that a section is cut out, in the shape of the part of the image that you want to make it look like it's behind.

Part of the problem is that not all shapes have transparent centres. In my case, I want to draw a cloud around some boxes but the cloud has a white centre so my boxes are disappearing. Having to export every image and manipulate it in external graphics packages is a real pain and detracts from the attraction of using VideoScribe. Therefore, an alternative to the Front/Back option would be better control over the graphics in VS so, for example, I could choose whether a shape had a transparent centre or not.

Paul has a good point. Right now if you can choose "outline" mode in your image preferences to change all the fills to white, but there should also be an option to make all the fills transparent (to reveal overlapping images or background colors).

Maybe some ambitious user will make a suggestion thread about that.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks for the input. I will add this into the feature request or maybe add as a separate one.

YES!

I am trying to put for sale in a sign. I want the sign to appear first and then have the text write in in the right spot... When I try to put the txt into the sign it hides behind and I can't get it out front... Help???

if you are putting the sign onto the canvas first and then adding the text after the sign in the timeline, the text would be visible on the sign. If the sign is after the text in the timeline then the text would be hidden.

Maybe there is something else going on that you have not mentioned in the description of the problem.
You can save your project to the cloud folder and raise a ticket to contact customer support, or save it as a .scribe file and attach it here for community help.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment