Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Scribe does not display properly

I am trying to create a scribe that describes how to move the decimal when converting scientific notation to standard form. I am able to get everything to work except, I have a line I drew in inkscape that I want to use to show the decimal moving. I can show the line the first three times the decimal moves, but then, when I try to place the line for the fourth move, the line becomes distorted in a part of the screen and will not display correctly in the file or in the preview. If I move the line to another part of the screen it works fine...if I move the entire scribe to another part of the screen and put the line in the correct place, it becomes distorted again. I have tried all sorts of fixes...so now, I turn to you the video scribe community. I am attaching my exported scribe file so you can take a look. I just want to continue adding the line to the rest of the long number.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Tacha

Hi Tacha,

We are aware of this issue where SVG images disappear at certain zoom levels.

the workaround is to 

- take the image out to an SVG editor like Adobe illustrator or Inkscape (for library images this is done by putting the image on the canvas then right-clicking and choosing 'export to SVG').

- with the pencil, draw a large circle around the outside of the image (I mean BIG!), setting the point size to zero (so that it doesn't get drawn).

- save and import to VideoScribe.

I have attached an example SVG here where I have carried out the steps I have outlined above.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Matthew! I will give it a shot.

Login to post a comment