Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic
Implemented

Font Quality at Large Sizes (RR-1033)

I have been using VideoScribe for a month [paid for] - one thing that needs to be addressed urgently is the quality of fonts at larger sizes - fonts that come as standard work 'reasonably' at larger sizes, but many imported fonts are just not clear at larger sizes. If this is a vector based software, can the dev team seriously look into the scalable quality of the font appearances at larger/or more zoomed in sizes? I have made 3 videos for a client but the last one has noticeably bad quality on certain fonts , and I'm not talking MASSIVE, just 'title sized' large.

Having worked with After Effects for around 9 years, I found the use of videoscribe refreshing and intuitive, but in this area it yet lacks some pro quality that could really make it a great content creation tool, in its genre.

Please look into:  Font import quality, and 'continously rasterized' scaling [ no blurring pixelation at zoom in sizes ]

2 people like this idea
Pixelated text may indicate a bad font choice.

Can you attach a .scribe file?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Fernando, there are lots of forums on fonts over the years. We have put the latest updates on a few of them that had recent activity. I'll add those updates here as well now that's it's been picked up again...
We have a Font Kerning instant answer which was created this year as well as a Fonts that work well in VideoScribe forum where we share our experience and encourage other customers to add the fonts they find work well so you.

Thanks Barry, I looked into those posts and they are very interesting. Still there's no definitive way to avoid font pixelation at large sizes, no matter the font, just a workaround I found in the forums but not an actual way to fix the big blurred text (using any font). I agree a list of already tested fonts would be very useful, some fonts doesn't pixelate that much but it's kinda frustrating finding a nice looking font and don't be able to make a large text intro or outro for my project with it.

The best advice I can give at the moment would be to find a font that you like and then create an SVG image of the text you would like to use in Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator. We have a blog post that takes you through the steps needed to create an SVG image of some text entitled Scribing Tip – How to get Arabic words to draw well. The technique will work for text in any language.

Hey all, just letting you know that we are working a significant overhaul of fonts and this request will be included in that work.

We've released v3.6 of VideoScribe this morning which has some big changes to fonts and text, including high resolution on all fonts. 

Find out more about what's included and also how to upgrade to this version via the v3.6 release notes.

Login to post a comment