Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Uploading to YouTube

Hi, I have tried uploading to YouTube multiple times however each time it says it is uploaded, I don't see it on my account. Please if anyone can help me with this, I have an assignment due tomorrow that really needs this, thank you. -niro
Hi,
1) make sure you have a youtube channel
2) I think it has to be a public channel
3) verify the channel by email (I don't knw if it has to be the same email that you used for your videoscribe account)
4) If your video is a large file, it will take some time to finish processing and appear on youtube,
5) perhaps most commonly, use optimized images and reasonable camera settings in your scribe or it may fail to render completely.

As a test you may want to save and close your scribe, then make a short test scribe using only one or two images from the videoscribe library and see if you can successfully export it to youtube. If that works then you can be pretty sure there is a problem with your larger scribe file.

Sometimes if you save a copy of your scribe with a new file name, then restart videoscribe and render the new scribe to youtube, it may render successfully even if there are problems with the scribe.

Save your scribe online and tell support the name of it if you want them to review it.

TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hey Mike (video scribe user) I too have just experienced the same problem you are addressing.  Before I read your suggestion list, I did everything you mentioned, including creating a test file using only (4) library file images.  Still I get a message that says: "The video failed to process. Please make sure you are uploading a supported file type."  It is 8/18/16 @ 11:07 pm here in Ohio (U.S.) and I have a preview deadline tomorrow morning on YouTube.  If I can't get this thing working, can I save the file to a thumb drive and have the viewers play it from a laptop???  If so, do they need to have access to my Videoscribe account info?  

Billy

Mike - Billy here again.  If you have an immediate answer that can save my butt - please email me @ iscribble4u@yahoo.com. 

Thanks

Hi Bilbo,
I'm sorry that I cannot provide an immediate answer.
This is a copy of my reply from your other post:

1) a .scribe file is not a video... so you cannot upload it to youtube. it is a project file that only videoscribe can open. (if you have a pro account then render an MOV and upload that to youtube.) 

2) a 2 minute project will almost certainly take more then 3- 5 minutes to render (probably at least 15 min)...so it sounds like there might be a problem with your project causing it to freeze or you might be closing videoscribe while it is still rendering or uploading 

3) Failure to publish to youtube indicates a problem either with your scribe, or with your youtube channel or both. Unfortunately, your description does not provide enough information to diagnose the problem with your scribe project. 

4) please attach your .scribe file here if you want users to examine it for problems or try to upload it. 

5) save your project to the cloud folder and tell customer support the name of it if you want help from customer support. You may also want to click "YOUR TICKETS" at the top of the page and raise a support ticket if you wish to work with customer support. 

-Mike (videoscribe user)

for anyone else reading this thread, here is a newer version of my guide: TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

the numbering may have changed somewhat in the new version due to re-organizing, removal of fixed bugs and addition of new symptoms/solutions.

-Mike (videoscribe user)
Thank you for the response Mike. I checked out the link to your instructions about publishing the scribe to a supported file format. I noticed that even though I am a pro member, the parts of the program (the buttons) necessary for me to publish are missing from the version I am using. Apparently, when I switched from the trial to the pro account, the pro version didn't load to my computer. How do I get the pro version on my system?
Hi Bilbo,
There is no new software to download.
when a user logs in, videoscribe connects to Sparkol's servers to find out if you are a free user or PRO and then it unlocks the appropriate features

I don't know what link you looked at. if it had images that were green and tan then it was an outdated thread showing an older version of videoscribe.

the icon for rendering a video is in the upper right corner.
INSTANT ANSWERS video- how to publish your scribe: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000189868-publish-and-share-your-scribe-bootcamp-session-6

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment