Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Have I Made A Mistake?

Fellow Scribers,

Have I made a mistake recommending that my company use VideoScribe? I have continuous problems using the product. It stalls, crashes, and generally behaves weird (Images disappear, can't save to cloud sometimes, etc.)

I am using the latest version on a Windows based PC. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've tried to make my SVG files as small as possible. I've even tried using different PCs (including PCs that are robust enough to edit videos and run full Adobe Creative Suite.) I can't even pretend it's user error, as I am very competent with other far more complex video production software.

The unfortunate result is that completing a simple scribe takes me DAYS when it should take hours. I am on a deadline to get multiple training scribes completed, and I can't live with this instability.

I APPRECIATE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR QUESTIONS

Hi,

Version 1.3.26 is still a bit more stable than version 2 in my opinion. (you won't be able to open newer scribes in it though. Also it has fewer features, but I like it more.)

Using videoscribe is sort of like renting a car.  Someone who has a lot of experience driving cars, and following certain guidelines will probably drive the car without a problem. Inexperienced users may be more likely to make instinctive choices that will crash it.  There's a learning curve for anyone who wants to use the program successfully.

"as small as possible" is too vague to make a determination about your SVGs

videoscribe has a memory limit of 1.7 GB regardless of the computer running it, I believe.

If you save a problem scribe online, customer support might be able to identify specific problems with it so you can avoid them in the future.

I'd recommend that you watch all of the tutorial videos, browse the instant answers section for relevant posts and take a look at my TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.  

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks for the feedback. Using your rental car analogy, I consider myself a cousin of the Andretti family, having been in video production all my life. Still, I may try reverting to an earlier version as you suggested.

Login to post a comment