Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Multiple Issues on Mac

I've been a VideoScribe user for quite awhile now, but hadn't used it recently. I'm encountering some pretty significant issues using it for Mac (Yosemite 10.10.2) - enough to demand a refund for it and give up and go somewhere else.

The most significant is actually preventing me from completing a video; VideoScribe doesn't appear to recognize when I'm clicking off of an object on the canvas, and just drags it around with me, endlessly, forcing me to save/close/restart VideoScribe. This has happened multiple times in my first project in the newest version.

Has anyone else encountered this?

There is a bug on Macs where using the Ctrl+click command causes behaviour like this. The workaround is to avoid using the Ctrl+click command on a Mac. If you restart VideoScribe and avoid using this command you will find that it does not happen.

Setting up your Apple mouse or trackpad to avoid the Ctrl-click issue

You can set your Apple mouse or trackpad up so that it right clicks thus avoiding issues related to using the ctrl button.

To set up your mouse:

1. Go to “System Preferences”

2. Click “Mouse” or “Trackpad”

3. Click “Secondary click” so the checkbox has a tick in it

Your mouse or trackpad is now set up to right click.

Hi Andrew, Sorry you're having issues.

It sounds like you are having these issues after using the Ctrl button.

This is a known issue and can cause the issue you're describing.

A work around is to enable the right click functionality on your Mac

and use this instead of Ctrl.

You mention multiple issues in your question. Is this the only issue or do you have any others we can assist with?

Login to post a comment