Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Set the start end of a path for drawing

Hi, so I know that the order in which path's are drawn is determined from the bottom up in the layers panel in your vector editing program, but I am having a hell of a time controlling which end of the path the drawing starts on.

I've edited an SVG, then updated it VideoScribe, and it is suddenly drawing from the opposite end of the initial path.

Do, how do you set the first point/node of the drawing path?

Thanks

Hi.
I think that just clicking on the last point of a path with your pencil or pen tool will make it the end point.

Or you can add one more point on the end of the path that you want to be the last point drawn.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thanks Mike.

Not sure if this works or not, as I haven't been able to successfully replace the image since I tried it as the program insists on crashing literally every time I try.

Oh well.

something in this thread might help you fix the crashing problem: TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Glenn, sorry you have a problem.

Does the crashing only occur when you replace an object?

Can you delete the object in stead of replacing and add the new item.

Do you get the same issue if you try this?

If this is a problem with a particular scribe file we can take a look at it if your save it to your online directory and raise a support ticket.

Let us know if you need any further assistance and if you would like us to take a look at this SVG, you can attach it too.

Thanks Mike, and Joe.

It's been largely when replacing objects, but often when importing new images as well.
It is likely due to the larger file size.  I'm rendering the scribe video @ 1080 to allow for some zooming in After Effects with a final 720 output, and my images are fairly high res on top of that.

I managed to get what I needed done for now, so I'm in no rush at the moment, but I will read that thread, and if I'm still having crashing issues I'll probably submit a ticket.

Thanks again
Glenn

Login to post a comment