Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Dragging Text

I'm having a hard time dragging text. 

I can make text larger or smaller while box is showing.

When I try to drag only the text that Im working on, I end up dragging all of my work.

This is frustrating.

Any advise?

Hi,

If you click and drag with nothing selected, you will drag the whole canvas with everything on it (also referred to as "moving the camera"

If you have something selected but you click and drag outside of the selection box, you will drag the whole canvas/move the camera also

If you try to drag text that is behind other elements you might move the front element or the whole canvas/camera

If you select a text element and then click and drag inside of the selection box (preferably ON one of the letters of the text) of that element, you should move just that element.

If all else fails, you can click the thumbnail image for that text element in the timeline at the bottom of the screen to select it, then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move it away from other elements. or you can click the eye icon on other elements in the timeline to hide them if they are interfering.

If you find that it isn't working the way I've described then you might want to try restarting videoscribe to see if that helps.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment