Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

GIFs in library

I can't seem to see any GIFs in the library?

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Hi,

The last two folders in the library are "GIFS(online)" and "ANIMATED ALPHABET(online)"

Searching for "gif" also brings up individual gifs

-Mike (videoscribe user)

(I think you have to be using version 2.1 or newer to see them)

Thanks Mike.  Although I have 2.1, I don't have the folders you mentioned.  GIFs do appear when I search for them though and I'm able to access them that way.  I'll have check into why I don't see the folders.

Thanks again.

You may already know this, but there are some barely visible little dots at the bottom of the library window which you can use to navigate through additional pages of image folders.They are not the most intuitive user interface in my opinion and they seem kind of greyed out to me.

or you can click and drag the folders toward the left to browse additional pages.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Christoher.

If you're using version 2.1 you will be able to access the GIF's folders.

Attached is a video which will help you find them.

GIFS.avi GIFS.avi
595 KB

HI Joe,

After watching your video I'm a little confused.  I only have folders 'Arrows' through to "Social Networking", I don't have any other folders at all.  Searching for 'GIF' gives no results at all.

I"m using version 2.1.0

Thanks

Alan

...waiting for the library to load...

I don't see a folder called "social networking" but I do see one called "social media".

My guess is that you are seeing none of the "ONLINE" folders for some reason. They all say "(online)" after the folder name.

Are you on a work or school network or at home?
Are you on a laptop?

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike,

I think you're right, I don't see any of the 'online' folders.

Interesting - I've got all the folders on my iMac, but none on my Macbook Air (both on a home network).  There are no configuration differences between the two (firewall, anti-virus etc), and I've deleted and re-installed on the Mac Air and still the same.

Very strange.

My theory is that laptops generally have power saving settings that disable the network card unless the laptop is directly connected to the power source and/or the network card is in use. I think that the login process for videoscribe probably activates the network card, but then the laptop lets the network card go to sleep.. then when the library starts loading, videoscribe sees the network card is asleep and does not load the online content.

Just a guess though.

if you have a power cord for your macbook air, you could try plugging it in, or changing your power saving settings to keep the network card "on"

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment