Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Volume too low

I just made my first scribe and the volume of the voice over and backround are just the way I want them in the program. When I publish it, the sound is very low even with my speaker turned up loud. Are there any work arounds for this?

I'd suggest saving a copy of your scribe work file with a new name then restarting videoscribe and previewing and rendering the new copy. Sometimes that resolves a variety of minor errors.  Support may chime in with other suggestions and you can search this section for previous threads about audio problems.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi John,

The audio in VideoScribe creates an audio output of 22,050hz if you're using your own audio for your scribe (import as MP3) you can sample the audio at this rate which should assist in getting the audio okay in the preview.

Hi, I am having the same problem with a barely audible voice file and needing to turn the speakers up to maximum for it to be audible - but Joe Clarke's and Mike Metcalf's advice is of no use here. I used the voice recorder within scribe, rather than an mp3 and I have tried saving, rendering new copies and restarting, etc...several times. I lodged a ticket on this but am still in the queue, so the 'one working day' support is not working, guys. You need to manage expectations on that.

Please be sure that you are describing the same problem which is "audio is loud enough in preview mode but is too quiet in the published video"

If you problem is actually "audio is always too quiet" then the solutions are different

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Yes Mike, it is a case of the audio being fine in preview mode and too quiet in published video. Preview and rendered video are fine - it only loses volume when uploaded.

Thanks Rachel.

If you would like to save the project as a .scribe file and attach it here, I might be able to do some testing.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hello everybody,

I just realised that it is not possible to adjust the volume properly. I can turn it up to 100%, e.g. to 15%, but when I choose 30% it is going back to 15% automatically. I am using the desktop version. Why am I not able to save the chosen volume?

Login to post a comment