Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

moving objects

I am having the issues with the timeline and moving objects.  Between moving items around and the entire scribe going crazy and items hiding behind each other it is driving me crazy.   

Why can't we just lock the items we feel are complete as we move through the scribe so the entire thing doesnt go wacky?

1 person has this question

Hi Carlos,

I am sorry that you are having issues with the timeline and moving objects.

You mention that the scribe is going 'crazy' - in what particular way does the scribe go crazy?

Do you know that there is the ability to hide an element so that you can easily click on another element below?

To hide an element select it on the timeline and click the eye icon.

You will then be able to select the element behind without the top element getting in the way.

There is not currently a lock feature in VideoScribe, it has been suggested on our Ideas and Feature Requests section.

Feel free to comment and like the post - the more people who are interested the more likely it will be considered for inclusion in a future release.

I hope this helps but if you need any other advice please let me know.

Best wishes,

Matthew

I have the same question/concerns as Carlos, and the answer above doesn't solve the problem. When the scribe goes "crazy" for me, objects move to places I do not put them, or when I try to move them forward or backward in the timeline, they won't stay put. They'll end up all over the place. It's really frustrating and I'm not sure how to fix it because my story is never in the order I'm trying to put it in.

I think that almost all erratic behavior in videoscribe is a result of excessive memory usage or "problematic" images. Preparing your images carefully, and properly managing the camera, fonts and audio will help you avoid pretty much all problems and glitches.

TIPS to avoid crashes, freezes, failure to render or erratic behavior (2015)

timeline problems including copy/paste not working and other glitches

(if you want specific feedback on your scribe, attach the .scribe file here or save the scribe online and tell customer support the name of it)

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment