Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Where is my scribe located on my mac?

I searched the forum and the following answer was not helpful:

On Macs they are in \Macintosh HD\Users\[your username]\Library\Preferences\VideoScribeDesktop\Local Store

There is no VideoScribeDesktop folder in that location

Hi

If you have videoscribe version 2 installed on your MAC, the location of the videoscribedesktop folder is :

/Macintosh HD/Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/VideoScribeDesktop/

[your username] refers to your Mac profile name

If you cannot find the files by searching ‘VideoScribeDesktop’, click ‘Advanced’ followed by ‘Non indexed’ to find hidden files

However, there is no need to search for your locally saved scribe work files. They are in a format that can only be recognized or opened using videoscribe.  If you want to save a scribe as a standalone file format that can be backed up or transferred to another computer: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000033741-import-and-export

You can also save the work files online ("to the cloud") if you choose that option when saving.

If you are asking where a video has been saved, Videoscribe prompts you to select the filename and location yourself (assuming the file as saved successfully).

If that doesn't answer your question, please provide more information.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment