Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

after importing my own hand it's edging has become damaged

hello, my name is Anna! And I need your help with importing new files
I've taken some photos of my hand and followed all your instructions from this link  - http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000089401-import-your-own
but after importing my hand into videoscribe it turned to be damaged
i've changed the size of my image, the size of shadows, even tried to import different images in case my photo was not taken correctly, but it didn't work out, all the edges of every imported hand were damaged
sending you photos bafore and after import

couldn't you please give me some advice about my problem? thank you!

Hi Anna,

you will need to take a higher resolution image in order to avoid the pixelation around the edges of the hand.

When we create images for hands at Sparkol we start of with a very high quality image - up to 20 Mega Pixels (20MP).

When we save the image for importing into VideoScribe we then use photo editing software to scale the image down so that it is a suitable size and doesn't lose too much quality.

There are is a free program called Gimp that would be suitable for resizing your images.

An article titled 9 Free tools to pimp VideoScribe has more details about Gimp and where to get it from.

What programs do you currently use?

Hi Matthew,

regarding this quote: "When we save the image for importing into VideoScribe we then use photo editing software to scale the image down so that it is a suitable size and doesn't lose too much quality."

is there a specific width used for all official videoscribe hands? or any set measurement that is common to all of them?

Hi Mike, there is no set width used for the hands but I have taken the details of on of our default hands and you should find they work well if you use similar parameters:

Thanks, Joe

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your answer. We've tried another camera with the highest quality we could get - 15 Mega Pixels, nothing changed. After taking photos we delete the background in Adobe Photoshop then change the size of the image in Gimp as you've told us. Still nothing. Couldn't you please check what's wrong with our images? Maybe the light is setup incorrectly or the way we delete the background

I really appreciate your help, this hand is all my team has been working on the last week

1.png 1.png
2.46 MB
hand.png hand.png
1.18 MB

Hi Anna, looks like the problem is caused when the background is removed as you can see the issue before importing into VideoScribe.

It might be the case that the hand image is not defined enough against the background causing the issue.

Maybe trying a lighter green background or possibly a blue or white one?

Login to post a comment