Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Simulating movement

Hi folks,

Can anyone tell me what is the best way to achieve the movement effect shown in the Fly the Plane VideoScribe featured on the Scribe Wall? At approximately 2:16 to 2:19 the video shows the plane flying across some clouds. 

I suspect that the plane might be part of the background, but I'd be very grateful if anyone can tell me how these sorts of motions effects can be achieved.

Cheers,

Mark

I believe you'll need to use some video editing software to composite and animate the art that way.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike,

Thanks for getting back to me. Okay so I would need to use something like Premiere or After Effects to achieve this sort of effect. I really hope that in the future there is an easy way to do this VideoScribe. ;-)

If you look at it carefully, the cloud group is in front of the plane. The following should show similar effect.
1) put the plane up, set the drawing duration to 0, set the camera position
2) zoom out, put the cloud group (a single picture) to the far left, set the drawing, pause, transition to zero
3) duplicate the cloud group, move to far right, change draw to morph, set the morph speed to 2 (or desired speed), remember to check "Clear item?"
4) double click the plane, so it will show plane camera position, note both cloud groups are outside the visible area (one outside left border, another outside right border)
5) select both cloud groups and set the camera position

6) select the plane and play

Login to post a comment