Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

All audio over written

I recently downloaded 2.0.1.  I had a few hundred scribes already done in the older version I had.

I made about 30 new scribes with audio.  When I started opening them up to render them, the audio had been replaced with a "testing, testing, testing" audio when I initially hooked up a new microphone,.

Then I opened one of the older scribes, done in the older version of VideoScribe and all the audio had been overwritten by the testing audio.

How could this happen and is there anyway to get my original audio back?

A couple of things to try:

1) if you are using a different computer than you used to make the scribes, try opening them on the original computer.
2) otherwise close and restart videoscribe then open one of the scribes that already had the problem and then use preview mode to see if the problem is gone.
3) If it is still there, save a copy of the scribe with a new name then open the new one and use preview mode to see if the problem is gone.
4) try exporting the scribe to a standalone scribe file then importing it back into videoscribe and then test it. check the instant answers section if you don't know how to do that.

customer support will be back Monday during UK business hours.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Michael,

As we will need to talk to you about your account details to help you resolve this issue I have converted this post into a support ticket.

A couple of people seem to have mentioned a similar problem.

Since this thread has gone to a private support ticket, If a workaround is discovered, will support please post it here (and in the version 2.0 known issues Instant Answer)?

Thanks!

The solution is to remove the audio file that is causing the problem from the following folder:

Mac:

Macintosh HD/Users/[your username]/Library/Application Support/VideoScribeDesktop/Local Store/Documents

PC:

C:/Users/[your username]/appdata/roaming/VideoScribeDesktop/Local Store/Documents

-Matt

Thanks Matt!
If this problem can be replicated, it might be a good addition for the version 2 known bugs post in Instant Answers.

Login to post a comment