Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Zooming out issues with images

When I zoom out and the image gets very small it turns into a black box.  Is there anyway to fix this?

1 person has this question

Hi William

Is it a specific image that does this or any?

Can you share your scribe to your online folder (the cloud) and support will take a look at it

Thanks

Hi Ian,

I've placed the file on the cloud.  The issue I have is that when I render out the scribe (mov), certain images turn into black box if they're too small. If you look at the file I provided, there is a section at the beginning where their is a face on the man that was drawn.  As the camera zooms out the face turns black.  You don't see this in the preview (the face actually just dissappears), but when it's rendered out to quicktime it turn black.

thanks

Thanks William

That's really helpful and is now with development to work out what's happening sop we can fix it.

In the meantime, a possible workaround, if you are able, is to 

-take the image out to an SVG editor (like Adobe illustrator or Inkscape) (for library images this is done by putting the image on the canvas then right-clicking and choosing 'export to SVG)

-with the pencil, draw a large circle around the outside of the image (I mean BIG!), setting the point size to zero (so that it doesn't get drawn)

-save and import to VideoScribe

This will make the image import a lot smaller with a massive invisible border, but it can be resized to whatever you want and when you zoom out the actual image remains.

I hope that makes sense.

I've done it for your 'frown' and will upload it here if you like (I was a bit reticent as it might be your own work) but we will, of course, get this issue fixed.

Hello Ian

How have things progressed with regards to this issue?  I currently experience the same issue and am hoping that there is a better solution, but if not -- I'd like to try using your workaround for right now.

Could you let me know how to include a path of zero point size, when exporting an SVG?  What I notice is that this path is simply omitted from the SVG export, if the point size is zero so unfortunately I've not been able to use your workaround :-[

Alternatively, would you mind doing something similar to what you did for William above -- and try your workaround on my scribe called "INDprocess" (saved online) -- The first SVG which exhibits this issue is at 2:02, less than 1/5th through the scribe.  It's an SVG which I wrote by hand, which says "Innovation, Reinvention".  A few seconds later, when the camera pulls out, you'll notice the issue occurring.

There are a number of SVG's in this scribe, which have this issue, but if you can do your workaround on just this one... then perhaps I could then export the SVG, and copy/paste your big zero-point circle in all the other elements which are problematic.

Thanks for any help on this,

Rosanne

Hi Rosanne

What SVG editor are you using?

Hi Matthew, I use iDraw to create all my SVG's -- a great tool within my VideoScribe workflow.

Is the 'workaround' the only way around this issue, currently?

Since my last post, I've experimented with my own SVG workaround:  Placing a couple of dots of 0% opacity, far beyond the boundaries of the original SVG.  Then I save this modification and replace the SVG in my .scribe.  I haven't exported yet, but it 'looks' to be a temp fix for now.

However it's certainly not ideal, especially when one has several problematic SVG's to modify/replace/resize/reposition.  It's an additional time expense we could do without.

Thank you for any help on this,

Rosanne

I am not familiar with iDraw, but if you are using a desktop computer I would recommend using Inkscape, which is free.

This is the only workaround I am aware of at the moment but we are working hard to get a fix of this out in the next version.

I'm glad to hear you're working on a fix, Matthew.  I like using VS as a tool within my workflow -- I have additional work, and have just renewed my paid subscription of VideoScribe Pro in the hopes that I could use it without spending additional time on a workaround.

If an E.T.A. comes into view for the next version, I'd be grateful to hear about it.

Thank you,

Rosanne

Wow, nearly 4 years ago this was brought up and it's still a problem??? I just ran into this and was coming here for a solution... very disheartening to see the lack of speed at which Sparkol addresses issues like this. Is this a dead software? Why am I paying a monthly fee for it?

Can you provide a screenshot? and maybe attach your SVG that is displaying that symptom? Also do you know if you have raised the quality/resolution setting in your videoscribe?

As you can see, this thread hasn't had any activity in over 3 years, so the problem does not seem to be very common

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment