Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Delete account

I want to delete my account. How do I do that?

2 people have this question

Hi Mall, we do not delete accounts.

After your trial has ended your will not be able to access the application.

If you would like to stop receiving notifications, please see this link - http://help.videoscribe.co/support/solutions/articles/1000036978

Best wishes, Joe

so i won't hove to pay after my free trial?

Free trial members do not provide any payment information.

You only have to pay if you wish to continue using videoscribe after the free trial ends. To do that you must upgrade to a pro membership.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

okay thanks

Hi Erin,

As Mike advised you do not need to provide any payment info during the trial.

After the trial if you chose to, you can sign up for a subscription via the Buy Page.

Why don't you make "delete account" option?

Because we offer a free trial. So if you delete your account we have no record of your trial happening and you can sign up again for another one. Someone could just complete that cycle continuously to avoid payment for a subscription.

ok

I want to delete my account to remove any cookies from your site.

Please read  the previous replies in this thread which explain that accounts cannot be deleted...

also: deleting an account would not remove cookies

also: cookies are saved in your browser, not on this site.

how-to-delete-cookies-in-chrome-firefox-safari-and-ie/

-Mike (videoscribe user)

This makes absolutely no sense. Costumers must be able to cancel the account if they wish to do so, and also deleting their personal data from your database if they want to. It's not legal to keep data against one's will. And the solution of "changing names and emails" looks to me as a playground excuse. 

I'm sorry to be harsh, but I've been trying to delete my account for weeks now and I'm a bit upset. I don't want to have thousands of accounts of services I no longer want to be related to all over the internet. And if every company had this policy, finally costumers would not sign in at all. Actually, if I had known there is no way to delete the account I wouldnt have signed in. 

As I can tell I'm not the only one feeling this way, so I kindly ask for a solution for me and those who are in the same situation. What can we do?

Thank you very much in advance. 

Please delete my account
If you want to cancel a paying subscription, just click the ACCOUNT link at the top of this page and then click "CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION".

If you want to change or delete your profile information, click the ACCOUNT link then click PROFILE and make your changes.

Please be thoughtful and don't change your profile email to anything that might be someone else's real email.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Login to post a comment