Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Troubleshooting SVG files

Hi there,

I would really like to make the most of my videoscribe trial, but I am having trouble converting my .jpg to an .svg file that draws properly.

For example, whatever I have tried so far has resulted in videoscribe drawing a very thin outline of the image which looks messy.  I'd just like it to draw the lines as thick lines, so it looks like it's drawing my image.

I have attached the two different files.  If you import the svg file into videoscribe, you will see what I mean.

Thanks a lot.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Taryn

Hi,

I've made a new post that answers this question and covers some related tips for making SVGs that will work well in videoscribe: http://help.videoscribe.co/support/discussions/topics/1000031362

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Taryn,

I had a look at your SVG file and it contains a lot of path nodes which would suggest you have used a trace option in the program you are using.

When tracing an image the program will attempt to define what parts of the images are lines and what parts are fills. What is common during this procedure is thick lines are identified as fills and a path is put either side of the line. From what I can see, this is what has happened on your SVG file. 

I would advise taking a look at the link Mike has provided going forward which will help you create great SVG's for VideoScribe.

Login to post a comment