Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

scribe-file in html form

Hi there

Is there any way that I could view a scribe-file as an html text?

The reason why I ask is that we translate our videos into three different languages (apart from the original language Swiss German). To do this, I have to write down the text used in videoscribe and type it into a word-file, then the interpreter has to translate it and I have to manually insert the translated text back into the scribe-file.

It would be so much easier if I could just extract the html-version, send it to the interpreter who inserts the translated text directly into the scribe-file, so that I can simply import it back into videoscribe.

I hope you understand what I mean, it's a little complicated...

Thank you for your help and best regards

Jeanine

Hi Jeanine,

VideoScribe doesn't store scribes as HTML so I am sorry but this is not possible.

I understand your issue though and you could add an entry to our Ideas and Feature Requests section so that our development team will consider it for a future release.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy

Thank you very much for your fast response.

Do you have any other idea how to efficiently do translations of videoscribe-files? Does maybe xml work?

If not, I will post this in the Ideas and Feature Requests since this is something many business will encounter sooner or later, I guess.

Best regards

Jeanine

Hi Jeanine

I agree - it's only going to become more important as time goes on.  It definitely needs to be in the ideas section :)

Ian

Login to post a comment