Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Working offline

Hello! I started with the free trial and upgraded to Pro before the trial ended. I would like to work offline, but I am still being asked to login to use the software. Will this prompt stop after the free trial period officially ends (next couple of days)?  Many thanks for the help.

You will always have to login. If you are disconnected from internet access, you will be working offline.

To login offline, you must have the "remember password" setting checked and your last online login must have been successful with the currently saved login information.

from a previous post by Joe Clarke:
"Generally when you are a Pro account user and you are logging into VideoScribe for the first time, you will need to have an internet connection so you and the computer you are using can be verified on our servers.
Once this has been done initially, you should then be able to use that particular PC in Offline mode.
This process should be followed on all the PC's you use VideoScribe with.
When you initially log in when an internet connection is available, ensure you have the 'Remember Password' option checked if you want to use this account offline."

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Thank you very much, Mike for the information. I've tried again today to work offline after working online last night and I cannot open my scribe files (double clicking on files; not opening VideoScribe first). Keeps trying to connect to the servers. I do keep the "Remember Password" checked. I will keep trying to figure this out.

I wouldn't recommend using that method to open videoscribe as it may not have been thoroughly tested with offline logins.

I believe the KEY  for successfully logging in with no internet connection is that your most recent online session needs to have been started AND EXITED properly with the "remember me" setting selected. (and you have to be a pro member)

If you just let the previous session time out or if your laptop went into standby mode or sleep mode and disconnected you or if you used a different login or retyped your login info on the login screen instead of using "remember me", then it may not work. Laptops and portable devices can present a variety of behaviors that affect videoscribe logins, mainly due to power conservation setting disabling the network connection.

As a test, (with remember me enabled)  login ONLINE successfully. then log out  and exit videoscribe (don't just leave videoscribe running and close your laptop for example). Then disable your internet connection, open videoscribe and click the LOG IN button with the information that is already filled in.

(if the username and password are not already filled in for you then that is the problem we need to address next)

The above steps allowed me to successfully login without an internet connection. I hope they work for you too.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

how to use video scribe if we don't connect to internet in pc?

Free trial users must be connected to the internet when logging in and using the software for VideoScribe to work.

Pro users can log in in 'offline mode' only after one successful online login and ensuring the 'Remember me' checkbox is checked when doing so. As a Pro user, when using VideoScribe in offline mode you will be unable to access any of the music tracks and the image and hand options will be limited. You also will not be able to save to your cloud directory or publish to Facebook, YouTube or sho.co.

The way to log into VideoScribe in offline mode is to disconnect from the internet and then log in.

how can i work in offline mode?

Free trial users must be connected to the internet when logging in and using the software for VideoScribe to work.

Pro users can log in in 'offline mode' only after one successful online login and ensuring the 'Remember me' checkbox is checked when doing so. As a Pro user, when using VideoScribe in offline mode you will be unable to access any of the music tracks and the image and hand options will be limited. You also will not be able to save to your cloud directory or publish to Facebook, YouTube or sho.co.

The way to log into VideoScribe in offline mode is to disconnect from the internet and then log in.

I'll reduce the same answers to a shorter list:

1) you have to have a paying membership. free users cannot work offline.
2) first, select the "remember me" option on the login menu and enter your valid login information
3) then, login online successfully at least once, and then close videoscribe
4) then, disconnect your device from the internet
5) now you can login with the same login information, even though you do not have an internet connection.

Note: you must be disconnected from the Internet if you want to login offline
Note: working offline, you will not have access to some options such as library images, saving to the cloud, publishing to youtube, etc.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

I will upgrade into PRO version in the next year. How to exit videoscribe properly ? Usually i shutdown the computer and leave it. while i become pro, i am able to work offline. I must know this (good exit)

To exit videoscribe properly, first save and close any projects that you have open in videoscribe, then close videoscribe by clicking the X in the upper right corner.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

or upper left on a Mac.

Login to post a comment