You might like to read the release notes here for an overview of version 2.0
1. You can backup your 1.3.26 scribes by right clicking (ctrl-click on a Mac) on each thumbnail in the home screen and selecting 'export to file' - this will create a .scribe file which you can store in a directory of your choice. Repeat for all of your scribes. You can do this for local and online scribes.
2. The user interface has been changed - you click on the image properties icon in the timeline
and you can then edit the various properties including the pause time You can change the pause time by clicking on the + and - keys or click on the time itself and a popup window will appear where you can directly enter the time in seconds So, if you want 5 seconds pause just enter 5 seconds in the box - much quicker than clicking on the 1.3.26 pause button 10 times.
and you can then edit the various properties including the pause time
You can change the pause time by clicking on the + and - keys or click on the time itself and a popup window will appear where you can directly enter the time in seconds
So, if you want 5 seconds pause just enter 5 seconds in the box - much quicker than clicking on the 1.3.26 pause button 10 times.
3. Shortcut keys
Ctrl-C - Copy
Ctrl-V - Paste
Ctrl-X - Cut
Ctrl-Z - Undo - note this only works if the element is still selected so if you select an item and resize it Ctrl-Z will undo the resize but if you have clicked somewhere else on the canvas it will not work
Ctrl-+ and - zoom in and out
Ctrl-A - select all elements
Ctrl-click on an element on the timeline - add element to multi-select
Ctrl-P - preview your scribe
Ctrl-S does not work any more but you can now click on the Save icon and VideoScribe saves your scribe and allows you to carry on editing without closing the scribe
4. Ctrl-click on a Mac is the same as right click on a PC - so click on 'Add image' - VideoScribe will build thumbnails of your recent history, right click on one of the thumbnails and select Clear history.
5. We are currently preparing worksheets to compliment each of the tutorials and the use of the 'eye' will be explained in more detail in the worksheet. These will be available soon.
6. If you save a scribe with 2.0 you will not be able to open that scribe with 1.3.26 but you can uninstall 2.0 in Windows control panel (drag to trash on a Mac and empty the trash can) and reinstall 1.3.26 if you want to and then you can open any scribes that you have not saved with 2.0 or go back to your .scribe files that you created in 1. above.
Hey Andy...may I ask again about #1 above (backing up scribes). I asked this question before but I can't find the reply. I can't even remember if it was the old forum or this forum where I asked that question.
The reply before was more useful. I can't remember the exact details but the person told me how to copy the whole folder in windows. There was a path he gave me, but I can' remember that path (I think the path had roaming in it).
Anyways, I have over 500 scribes so I would rather just copy the folder in windows that holds all my scribes to another drive as a backup. Could you tell me where that folder is in windows that I can copy?
We have sent this information to you before and we have just resent it to you by email.
Please confirm that you have received it and saved it for future reference.
500 is a lot of scribes to do manually so this will save you a lot of time.