Sparkol Help

Topic not covered?

Start a new topic

Help! Created video files won't save.

So I created a scribe (and saved it) and then rendered the video file. When it came to "publish" I chose "save to disk," entered a name in the file box, hit enter and... nothing. Tried again... nothing. Tried with different projects... nothing. I need to show something to a client so this is fairly urgent. Please help ASAP.

Hi, 

First, please confirm that these are the steps you are following:

1) click the create and share a video button

2)set your rendering options and click the "create video" button (instead of publish, although publish may work in some cases)

3) after the video renders, click the folder icon and choose your file location to save to your hard drive.

wherever you choose to save them in step 3, that's where you will find them later. Normally you should see a popup message that your file has "been sent to" the location you chose, and an "OK" button. Please confirm whether or not you are seeing that message.

(you can watch this video starting at about 9:45 to see the process:

creating your first videoscribe)

If you are getting an error message or seeing any other symptom or missing messages, please describe it.

If the program is freezing or the saving process is not completing,  you MAY be able to workaround that problem by using "save as a NEW copy  and close" to save your scribe with a new name and then render it... 

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Hi Mike! Those are indeed the steps I followed. After step 3—where I chose where to save the file, named it and hit "Save," the window just disappears (like it typically does after a save dialogue is completed), but nothing appears in the chosen directory.

Sorry, I should make that clear—the save dialogue disappears, as typical. The program does not freeze nor crash.

you MAY be able to workaround that problem by using "save as a NEW copy and close" to save your scribe with a new name and then render the new version.  This extra step often works for rendering problems.

Hey, as I said—program is not freezing. And save video file is not working for any of my projects, so I don't think it's a problem with the specific project file.

Based on your description, the save dialog box closes but you never see the progress animation and the "your file has been sent to...." window does not pop up.... So it is probably unable to start saving.

Whether or not you consider it to be a freezing problem, please try using "save as a NEW copy and close" to save your scribe with a new name and then render the new version. This extra step often works for rendering problems...

Then let us know whether or not that helps... so we can consider other options.

-Mike (videoscribe user)

Okay trying that now.

Okay, that DIDN'T work, but what did, was to choose a different folder to save into than the one my project file is in. Weird. 

Nope, nope and nope! But changing folders did help.

Hi there, Can you try renaming the Scribe nane. Only use alpha numeric characters and no other characters such as ?,_,- etc.

Are you now able to save the Video?

If not and you have the scribe saved online, please advise on it's name.

Thanks, Joe

Yes I tried quite a few different names, no funny characters or anything.

And like I said: I can save it now, but only in a different folder. So seems to be some kin dof weird glitch there.

I have the exact same problem.  VERY frustrating if you have worked long and hard and can't publish your work.  This is probably the MOST crucial function of a software and Sparkol can't seem to do it or make it reliable.  Very bad.  THIS NEEDS SOME SERIOUS ATTENTION FOR THIS TO BE A WORTHWHILE PRODUCT. 

See capture, that is all my computer does for HOURS!  and I've tried all your fixes.  Bad! 

Hi,
This thread is 10 months old so the information provided in it was for an older version of videoscribe

Freezing, crashing and failure to render usually result from oversize image files, excessive camera settings or other factor that cause videoscribe to run out of memory. Videoscribe uses a maximum of about 1.7 GB of RAM.

If you want to solve the problem yourself:
community tips: TIPS to Avoid or Fix Videoscribe freezes, crashes, slowdowns, failure to export, or erratic behaviours.
Instant Answer: crashing-and-freezing-videoscribe-desktop

If you want support to help you, save your scribe online and tell support the name of it, preferably by raising a support ticket:raise a ticket

-Mike (videoscribe user)

How do you send a videoscribe via email ( I am on free trial)

Login to post a comment